Talk Whatever

Does anybody know where to get the Japanese DVD and Blu Ray releases of Spaghetti Westerns? Amazon Japan has great prices, but they don;t accept existing accounts, and I really don’t want to have to open another account if I’ll be using the site sporadically. If anybody has an idea of where I can these items at non-ludicrous prices, thanks very much.

I hope all of you in Europe have air conditioners this summer. Here in my part of Canada today it will be 33 degrees Celsius. I am lucky my parents have a pool.

Only 33, but yes it´s Canada. The last time I was there it was also hot and a lot of mosquitos

1 Like

Won a 9 ball competition at my local pool club yesterday. Nice money to spend on SWs!

2 Likes

Felt the same after my tax guy called me the other day :slight_smile: Nice money to spend and thanks for calling with the good news :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone in the EU have any recent experience with shopping on Amazon.com? How long does it usually take to arrive? And what are the shipping costs?
I’m planning on buying some stuff, but since I’ve only used the UK version of Amazon so far, I feel a little nervous. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey @Platypus!

I live in Essex, and I have ordered a few bits and bobs from amazon.com and not had an issue yet. On the 17th of July I bought blu-ray copies of The 36th Chamber of Shaolin and Sweet Sweetback’s Baadasssss Song from Amazon.com. Those items were £32.62, and I paid an additional £8.35 in shipping and handling. They were with me on the 25th July. Similarly, I bought Django the Bastard from them; This time I paid about £13 for the disc, £5 in shipping/handling and a roughly £3.50 import fee deposit. Got the item 6 days after it shipped. :+1:

(oddly enough, if I go to my orders on amazon.com it tells me that my order of Django the Bastard is running late, and they’re offering their apologies even though my disc arrived safe and sound almost a fortnight ago. Ah well)

1 Like

It’s pretty much the same as ebay, except that you either have an option to order directly from amazon or you can purchase from a seller through amazon’s website, so even if you live in a place where amazon doesn’t deliver, you can always buy from another individual and they usually dispatch practically everywhere. Online shops operating via amazon likewise offer lower prices, so there is that as well. Shipping costs are by and large the same.

Yeah, I know how Amazon works. I use Amazon UK a lot myself, but I’ve never ordered anything from Amazon US, so I was just wondering about the shipping costs and time.
I have one question though. What’s the difference between buying from Amazon.com and AmazonGlobal (see screenshot, click to see full image)?

So I’m probably going to place an order very soon, but first I’d like to know if the following items are indeed region free (or playable on a European DVD/Blu-Ray player). So if anyone can confirm, that would be nice. I know some of these are confirmed region free by this website, but it never hurts to double check, right? :slight_smile:

PS: some Amazon US links in the database redirect me to Amazon FR for some reason.

I don’t know for sure but I didn’t think there was any difference in terms of how the item ships. I bought my copy of The Great Silence through Amazon UK via Amazon Global and the disk itself shipped from California much as it would’ve if Id bought it from Amazon US.

The Film Movement The Great Silence blu-ray and the BU Run Man Run DVD are both definitely region free. Don’t know for sure about the BU Companeros DVD but I’ve got the BU blu-ray and that’s region free so I would be staggered if the DVD wasn’t. I’ve no idea on the double feature blu, or if Arrow region lock their region A discs.

1 Like

Greetings from Greece everyone btw (vacation). Calispera

4 Likes

Thanks for answering. I was just about to place an order on Amazon.com, but then I saw the shipping and import costs. It’s a bit too expensive for me, so I don’t think I will purchase anything. I guess I’ll stick to Amazon.co.uk for now.

Video says Leone played the already scored music which actors acted and reacted to.

1 Like

It’s Christmas, you dirty hobbits! And you know what that means! Gather round with your wee drams and your plum duffs, ye merry gringos - it’s the annual SWDB Christmas Carol!

And a-one, and a-two, and a-scooby-dooby-doo:

(sings)

On the First Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
The Good, the Bad & the Uglyyy!

On the Second Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
Two Sons of Ringo,
And The Good, the Bad & the Uglyyy!

On the Third Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
Three Gold Bullets,
Two Sons of Ringo,

On the Fourth Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
Four Gunmen,
Three Gold Bullets,
Two Sons of Ringo,

On the Fifth Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
FIIIIIIVE FOR REVEEENNNNNNNGE!
Four Gunmen,
Three Gold Bullets,
Two Sons of Ringo,

On the Sixth Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
Six-Shooters Shooting,
Four Gunmen,
Three Gold Bullets,
Two Sons of Ringo,

On the Seventh Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
Seven Guns From Texas,
Six-Shooters Shooting,
Four Gunmen,
Three Gold Bullets,
Two Sons of Ringo,

On the Eighth Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
Eight Mercenaries,
Seven Guns From Texas,
Six-Shooters Shooting,
Four Gunmen,
Three Gold Bullets,
Two Sons of Ringo,

On the Ninth Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
Nine Days of Anger,
Eight Mercenaries,
Seven Guns From Texas,
Six-Shooters Shooting,
Four Gunmen,
Three Gold Bullets,
Two Sons of Ringo,

On the Tenth Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
Ten Thousand Dollars,
Nine Days of Anger,
Eight Mercenaries,
Seven Guns From Texas,
Six-Shooters Shooting,
Four Gunmen,
Three Gold Bullets,
Two Sons of Ringo,

On the Eleventh Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
Eleven Men called Django,
Ten Thousand Dollars,
Nine Days of Anger,
Eight Mercenaries,
Seven Guns From Texas,
Six-Shooters Shooting,
Four Gunmen,
Three Gold Bullets,
Two Sons of Ringo,

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,
Twelve Dirty Outlaws,
Eleven Men called Django,
Ten Thousand Dollars,
Nine Days of Anger,
Eight Mercenaries,
Seven Guns From Texas,
Six-Shooters Shooting,
Four Gunmen,
Three Gold Bullets,
Two Sons of Ringo,
And The Good, the Baaad & theee Uuuglyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Merry Christmas, amigos! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Merry Christmas :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

My parents had this hallmark Christmas movie on the TV and guess who was in it? Franco Nero! He played somewhat of a stereotypical Italian character I think.

1 Like

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all in SW Land!!!

(My family’s Christmas Tree)

Here’s a link to my WordPress page of my Movie Room/Man Cave

3 Likes

Happy Christmas. Hope you all got some spaghetti western-related Christmas presents :slight_smile: I got none, but did get a couple of Italian movie genre reference books and the Killer Crocodile double feature so not all bad :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Merry Christmas, everyone! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, and the same to you gents. For me a happy Christmas eve indeed, alone with my wife - no kids of any kind - and the Eureka BR of Duck, You Sucker, arriving the day before. She liked it a lot, by the way, only questioning the excessive use of explosives.

2 Likes