Talk Whatever

yeah. “…and my sons: walker, and texas ranger… and to my red-hot smokin’ wife…” awesome

Ricky Bobby is gonna be so good

[url]- YouTube

You’re right, especially thrillers, there’s something dirty and gritty about the 70’s, not to forget plenty of sleaze and politically incorrect quotes.

some good gritty 70’s thrillers worth watching are.

TAKING OF PELHAM 1,2,3 (Walter Matthau, Robert Shaw) - and what a soundtrack!
BUSTING (Elliot Gould, Robert Blake)
The first 3 DIRTY HARRY films (Clint Eastwood)
DEATH WISH (Charles Bronson)

1 Like

I cant even tell you how much I love the 70s and I was born In the 80s. Without a doubt some of my favorite movies are from the 70s.

i’m the same.
Even though i don’t remember the 70’s properly (i was born in '73) i think it is the best decade for gritty cinema, i’d rather watch some 70’s film than a new hollywood blockbuster.

1 Like

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:25, topic:370”]i’m the same.
Even though i don’t remember the 70’s properly (i was born in '73) i think it is the best decade for gritty cinema, i’d rather watch some 70’s film than a new hollywood blockbuster.[/quote]

I feel the same way !!! I even like movies from the '30s to the '70s !!!

The 1970’s was a very special time in the history of American cinema. The so-called Hays Code was abandoned in 1967, allowing for much more sex and violence to be shown in films. Also a new generation of US filmmakers emerged who wanted to get away from the earlier Hollywood glamour and studio-bound productions.

And also of course like Yodlaf said there was something dirty and sleazy about the 70’s, and this reflected in many films of that era.

I can sum that up In one word “Exploitation” ;D

Well said ;D

True, there are some classic 70’s exploitation-films, but even mainstream cinema from this period was often more gritty than both before and after.

There are many classics: http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,6526.0.html

Next to spag western the best genre ever.

Edit: Hm. Spags are probably also exploitation. At least some: the violent ones.

1 Like

I don’t know if you could call spaghettis exploitation, maybe the cheap simple ones.

But the better spaghettis have more depth, even the violent ones.

Exploitation-films to me are action, horror, sex etc, that are meant to be exciting, gory, entertaining in a macabre way, and so on.
But nothing else.

1 Like

Ive never seen El Topo but I say that It Is a Exploitation Western

And Cut-Throats Nine is as well.

But yeah Silvanito, you are right.

Does anyone recognize the movie used in this music video?
[url]- YouTube

1 Like

I have no clue but I want see the movie.

[quote=“veda, post:35, topic:370”]Does anyone recognize the movie used in this music video?
[url]- YouTube
It’s Vengeance is Mine.

1 Like

Thanks!

I find a website on italian comedie players, some former SW players faces.
http://www.caratteristi.it/

For those who get AMC (American Movie Classics) they are showing a western movie marathon.