Take a Hard Ride (Antonio Margheriti, 1975)

Comments? Reviews? Haven’t seen it before, how is it?

For more info visit:
Database page: Take a hard ride - The Spaghetti Western Database

Give Take a Hard Ride your rating out of five stars!
0 voters

Weird film, a spaghettiwestern with a mostly black cast, sort of a blaxploitation-western.

Like the kung fu-sw’s, this was probably an attempt to come up with something new.

But the film is nothing special at all, I found it boring.

1 Like

Afwul music and the film is obviously aimed at the american market. Indeed boring, I fell asleep during this movie. Probably Margheriti’s worst film (except maybe his space movies, I haven’t seen those yet).

haha maybe he got the most money for it though. it’s of course an attempt to market it to the US by using black actors and music by goldstein

Didn’t like this one very much at all. Doesn’t have the “feel” of a spaghetti western. Also, Jerry Goldsmith’s score is very non-spaghetti in style. Still had to buy the dvd though, since Lee Van Cleef is in it.

I agree with all of you guys. Well, it’s just not all convincing. Nothing special !!!

It was not a bad movie but certainly not a classic. It was nice to have blaxploitation greats Jim Brown, Jim Kelly, and Fred Williamson in it. Lee’s role was rather minor except for that wig he wore - worse than the one in God’s Gun.

TAKE A HARD RIDE 1975 Directed By Anthony Dawson

LEE VAN CLEEF JIM BROWN CATHERINE SPAAK Dana Andrews Fred Williamson

Extremely entertaining, well made all star Western shot in the Canary Islands.
A Western aimed at the American Market is perfectly good always and this adventure
has the superb teaming of Lee Van Cleef & Jim Brown after the Classic EL CONDOR 70.

Leading lady CATHERINE SPAAK is an Austrian beauty who made her name in Italian
Cult films like GIALLO MASTER : CAT 0 NINE TAILS 1971 James Franciscus & Karl Malden :slight_smile:

Overall TAKE A HARD RIDE 1975 is an excellent Powerful Western by prolific Dawson.
Any previous “comments” failing to appreciate this classic SIT DOWN & watch AGAIN :stuck_out_tongue:

What a piece of crap this one was. The funniest scene in the movie was when Fred Williamson falls down the waterfall, and we see shots of a dummy in the waterfall and then shots of him swirling around screaming in a jacuzzi or pool or something. I’m a big Blaxploitation flick fan, as well, and this one failed on that account, too. Brown, Kelly , and Williamson were much better in Three The Hard Way.

The “PIECE OF CRAP” quote is the STUPID view that this is a Blaxploitation Film !!

It shows IGNORANCE to use such bad language to SLANDER a Great Film while
FAILING to properly discuss/evaluate any of the Film’s Correct Ingredients ???

TAKE A HARD RIDE 1975 is WESTERN FILM with Western Stars/plot etc.

This is a ALL STAR Western with LEE VAN CLEEF JIM BROWN CATHERINE SPAAK !!
Who cares or notices these minor Jim Kelly whatever its the MAIN CAST of 3 that
needs to be discussed, analyzed, appreciated. Jim Kelly is awful as usual so whats new

It is also NOT a "comedy"western ??? but this film is AS GOOD as MOST Van Cleef SWS

It is extremely well made in all departments. I wish people would DISCUSS the correct
aspects of the WESTERN instead of vomiting out ignorant FACT-LESS wrong opinions ???

Just in case anyone was unaware of how this works:

ignorant FACT-LESS wrong opinions = disagreeing with SD

Something I seem to do on a regular basis. Although I will reserve judgement on this particular film as I haven’t seen it.

[quote=“Phil H, post:11, topic:347”]Just in case anyone was unaware of how this works:

ignorant FACT-LESS wrong opinions = disagreeing with SD[/quote]
Perhaps it would be safer if this was stated when you joined the site so as not to scare new members off within the first couple of days/posts :wink:

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:10, topic:347”]The “PIECE OF CRAP” quote is the STUPID view that this is a Blaxploitation Film !!

It shows IGNORANCE to use such bad language to SLANDER a Great Film while
FAILING to properly discuss/evaluate any of the Film’s Correct Ingredients ???

TAKE A HARD RIDE 1975 is WESTERN FILM with Western Stars/plot etc.

This is a ALL STAR Western with LEE VAN CLEEF JIM BROWN CATHERINE SPAAK !!
Who cares or notices these minor Jim Kelly whatever its the MAIN CAST of 3 that
needs to be discussed, analyzed, appreciated. Jim Kelly is awful as usual so whats new

It is also NOT a "comedy"western ??? but this film is AS GOOD as MOST Van Cleef SWS

It is extremely well made in all departments. I wish people would DISCUSS the correct
aspects of the WESTERN instead of vomiting out ignorant FACT-LESS wrong opinions ???[/quote]

The usual McCloudish.

Ignore him, Lordradish, he’s a SW fundamentalist and not typical for this forum.

Please SD, stop “welcoming” new members by attacking them with polite words like “stupid”, “utterly nonsense”, “ignorant” and far worse, for only expressing their opinion.

A forum is made for opinions (but you’ll never understand this, yes?), and if you can’t stand them, then leave the forum, make your own one.

If you like to attack, focus on me.

New “member” or Old “member” I have NOT ATTACKED anybody !!

I also have CRITICIZED Eg: Peckinpah/Pat Garrett 1973 but it is done with POLITE facts, arguments, reasons WITHOUT resorting to crude/offensive/filthy language ???
At the same time I have also praised Peckinpah for better works etc.

If you wish to say that a Film/Actor is NOT to your liking than SAY it Politely with FACTS.

Using BAD, FILTHY , OFFENSIVE Language like this is quote " A Piece Of Crap" NO REASONS given that makes any sense, even Less Facts will earn you a rebuke rightly.

This case is TAKE A HARD RIDE 1975 , next time it could be TGU/FOD receiving the same.

I am now accused by Stanton as a “fundamentalist” with echoes of “religion” maybe :smiley:
I am on a SW WESTERN FORUM and I believe in SUPPORTING the Forum/Western cause

Uh, like your repeated Bud Spencer / fat slob - remark, SD ;D

That was NOT correct or appropriate Soren well spotted !
Bud Spencer has acted in “SW Comedy” Not to many Forumites taste but Bud has also
acted well in serious SWs/GIALLOS etc where he was competent/pleasant/fine :).
I know from compiling the GIALLO Poll, so my “fat slob” remark was not fair or due :o

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:14, topic:347”]New “member” or Old “member” I have NOT ATTACKED anybody !!

If you wish to say that a Film/Actor is NOT to your liking than SAY it Politely with FACTS.[/quote]

Then do so, please.

Using BAD, FILTHY , OFFENSIVE Language like this is quote " A Piece Of Crap" NO REASONS given that makes any sense, even Less Facts will earn you a rebuke rightly.

“Piece of crap” is about the film, that’s ok to say (about every film). You can say it more gentle, but it’s ok for me.

“Stupid”, “ignorant”, “utterly nonsense”, “look foolish”, “wash your sulphuric mouth with acid” is about/against the writer and is offending.

This case is TAKE A HARD RIDE 1975 , next time it could be TGU/FOD receiving the same.

Why not?

I would like to read it. If someone says that all Leone filme are a piece of crap, this would become a funny discussion.

Btw, which film is TGU?

The film itself is an unambitious, but entertaining little western with many verveful done action scenes.

And the “leading lady” C. Spaak has the certain charisma, the certain something.

Unfortunately she has only a small role.

[quote=“stanton, post:17, topic:347”]Then do so, please.

“Piece of crap” is about the film, that’s ok to say (about every film). You can say it more gentle, but it’s ok for me.

“Stupid”, “ignorant”, “utterly nonsense”, “look foolish”, “wash your sulphuric mouth with acid” is about/against the writer and is offending.

I would like to read it. If someone says that all Leone filme are a piece of crap, this would become a funny discussion.

Btw, which film is TGU?[/quote]

1. As I said it is totally IGNORANT/STUPID/OFFENSIVE to just say “piece of crap” without having shown any knowledge/discussed/analyzed the FILM FACTS !!

2. NO I Disagree if a poster has shown Ignorance/Stupidity/Nonsense then to point
    that out is NOT AN ATTACK against the writer, it is an EDUCATION to IMPROVE !!
    To post on a PUBLIC Forum : That is a “load of rubbish or crap” shows gutter type
    ignorance, bad manners and descends to the level of a FOOTBALLER or worse ???

3. It is NOT Funny or acceptable if some “new poster” devoid of facts or knowledge
    simply uses bad filthy language to cast SLURS/INSULTS against SWs like Leone’s.
    You can argue using examples, analogies, inferences but NOT sewer talk “crap” etc

4. TGU or TGBU is an unknown little Sw from 1966 THe GOOD THE BAD & THE UGLY :o
    There you go as McCloud said !! Learn something every day eh :smiley:

I may be called “old fashioned” but good common sense, facts & respect are always ON

[quote=“stanton, post:18, topic:347”]The film itself is an unambitious, but entertaining little western with many verveful done action scenes.

And the “leading lady” C. Spaak has the certain charisma, the certain something.

Unfortunately she has only a small role.[/quote]

I am more hopeful Stanton as you now mention the LADIES Like CATHERINE SPAAK :-*
Yes The Film is good, entertaining and reunited that great team Van Cleef & Brown !! :slight_smile:
Good to see Western Legend DANA ANDREWS also featured.