SWDb Spaghetti Western Hall of Fame

Good news!
I expect Craig and Hank will get their chance again next year. The nominated names are getting fewer every year

2 Likes

Petition to include Mark Damon & Craig Hill (+ maybe Hunt Powers) in Lead Actor Hall of Fame

I was browsing the databaseā€™s hall of fame lists and, unless Iā€™m completely missing something, I was surprised to see these recognizable names omitted.

Side note ā€“ It may just be me, but why is it that Brett Halsey is considered among the greats of the genre and has already made the list above these two (or 3) stalwarts?
After viewing countless spags by now the only one of note he has appeared in is, of course, ā€˜today we kill ā€¦ tomorrow we die!ā€™ - an excellent film, but other than that I thought Roy Colt and Winchester Jack to be up there with the worst Iā€™ve ever seen.

I believe he has done a couple more that I have yet see, but even then that is, in my opinion, hardly enough to be included with the likes of those already on the list.

your thoughts???

1 Like

Being a huge fan of Taste of Killing, and several other of his westerns, I would have to agree with you about Craig Hill 100%. Mark Damon as well. Hunt Powers is where I draw the line and that is strictly because of his affiliation with Demofilo Fidani. :laughing:

1 Like

Didnā€™t realize there was already a discussion about this - thanks for redirecting me! Glad Mark Damon got his mention.

yeah I was reaching with that one for sure!! :wink: there is still something I like about him though.
Craig Hill is a fav of course. Didnā€™t realize there was a poll ongoing for who to add. I assumed everyone who was to be added had already been.

1 Like

Why not just add every contributor of note to the hall of fame ? There arenā€™t many actual living members of this group, and to use the cliche, ā€¦ ā€˜None of us are getting any younger!ā€™

:wink:

2 Likes

I started fixing up some of the hall of fame pages. If anyone wants to help, it would be appreciated. We need to increase the images to cause less eye cancer and make sure these pages look proper on mobile devices. Thereā€™s some work ahead on this but it can be a gradual improvement process. Whoever wants to help out, please get in touch so we can discuss what the database-markup needs to look like on these pages and where graphics may need to be redone etcā€¦

1 Like

Nice :+1:

Upon closer look, some of the badges have something in the top left corner that looks like an ā€œLā€, and the red badges have a camera in the background, which is an indicator that someone tried to protect that from misuse, so we should find our own designs for all these things, and where the writing is legible no matter how big or small it is displayed at. Any graphic designers out there?

Bringing this up once more, it would be great if someone were to join an effort in overhauling the hall of fame (fixing the layout, creating better graphics, etc.)

Overhauling the Hall of Fame doesnā€™t seem to be a popular idea :wink:

I would happily give it a go but graphics are not my strong point (not sure anything is really) and the posters and stars need to look good.

Mark Damon (winner of the 2021 vote) has yet to be included, no bio and no posterā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m happy to do the bio but I donā€™t have the skills to create a poster. Who did these before? Anyone know?

I uploaded poster pic for Damon. (HOF_MarkDamon.jpg)

2 Likes

So sorry guys. Iā€™ve been so busy with my career I havenā€™t had time to work on this. Hows everybody doing? Its been a while.

4 Likes

Itā€™s good to see you back on ā€˜SWDBā€™, mrchallengeā€¦ :cowboy_hat_face:

All good here, Len. Hope things are hunky dory with you

Thanks guys. Iā€™m doing great, just super busy.

I still watch alot of SWs whenever I get the chance on blu ray (currently working on the Arrow Vengeance Trails set) and that GrjngoWesternMovies channel on youtube. I wonder how that channel gets so many great looking prints in English. Anyone know whats the story with them?

5 Likes

Not a lot of Chinese on this forum. What a shame.

1 Like