SWDb Spaghetti Western Hall of Fame

Hopefully thats the plan!

I also hope that if anybody happens to know any of the inductees (when they are announced), to contact them and let them know they have been honoured.

Ok, here goes

LEADING ACTORS (Name 10)

• Franco Nero
  • Tomas Millian
  • Terence Hill
  • Bud Spencer
  • George Hilton
  • Lee Van Cleef
  • Craig Hill
  • Peter Lee Lawrence
  • Robert Woods
  • Steven Tedd

LEADING ACTRESSES (Name 10)

• Tina Aumont
  • Femi Benussi
  • Patrizia Adiutori (not seen her in any SWs but I know she starred in one)
  • Lea Massari
  • Nieves Navarro
  • Rosalba Neri
  • Claudia Cardinale
  • Marcella Michelangeli
  • Rosemary Dexter
  • Marisa Solinas

SUPPORTING ACTORS (Name 10)

• Klaus Kinski
  • Aldo Sambrell
  • Leo Anchoriz
  • Alberto De Mendoza
  • Fernando Sancho
  • Mimmo Palmara
  • George Wang
  • William Berger
  • Raf Baldassarre
  • Eduardo Fajaro

DIRECTORS (Name 10)

• Sergio Corbucci
  • Fernando Baldi
  • Lucio Fulci
  • Sergio Leone
  • Rafael Romero Marchent
  • Enzo G. Castellari
  • Sergio Martino
  • Roberto Mauri
  • Gulio Petroni
  • Gianfranco Parolini

COMPOSERS (Name 10)

• Francesco De Masi
  • Lallo Gori
  • Vasco and Mancuso
  • Nico Fidenco
  • Stelvio Ciprani
  • Giancarlo Rizzi (have only made one score, which happens to be an SW score)
  • Piero Piccioni
  • Nora Orlandi
  • Luis Bacalov
  • Ennio Morricone

PRODUCERS (Name 5)

• Sergio Newman
  • Luciano Martino

CINEMATOGRAPHERS (Name 5)

• Enzo Barboni
  • Tonino Delli Colli

WRITERS (Name 5)

• Tito Carpi
  • Sergio Donati
  • Fernando Di Leo

NON PARICIPANTS (AUTHORS, HISTORIANS, OBSERVERS/REVIEWERS, SITE OWNERS)(Name 5)

• Seb
  • Shobary
  • Tom B.
  • Alex Cox

HONORABLE MENTION

• Remo De Angelis, for all the great stunts!

That’s great. With things like this on the front page, hopefully it will show the casual viewer that the site is more than just a Wikipedia for Spaghetti Westerns.

I am shocked Silence; you have not included Clint Eastwood!

No I didn’t. Not a big fan even i I don’t dislike him. I think he was better in his non-Westerns.

[quote=“Silence, post:62, topic:2068”]HONORABLE MENTION

• Remo De Angelis, for all the great stunts![/quote]
    Good idea, here goes mine:
    Raoul, for all his cheesy songs.

This is a good idea and I hope we can add elect future members as time goes on. We all know there are more than 10 leading actors, supporting actors and actresses that should be included. This should be an annual event held at the same time each year. My ballot was e-mailed in.

Question:

1. We do name our favourite directors, actors etc , (like we did in our forum’s top 20)?

2. Or do we name the persons who we think who deserved to be in a hall of fame, because they were very important for the SW genre and how it developed?

That’s a pretty great difference.
I assumed the idea was to vote like in #2, but the actual posted lists are more following #1.

Clint will have no problem being inducted. Even if a couple of voters leave him out he is still pretty much unanimous.

Got your ballot and yes this is intended to be a longterm project. There will be a new class of inductees every year, and perhaps in new categories too. This is an annual event.

[quote=“Stanton, post:68, topic:2068”]Question:

1. We do name our favourite directors, actors etc , (like we did in our forum’s top 20)?

2. Or do we name the persons who we think who deserved to be in a hall of fame, because they were very important for the SW genre and how it developed?

I assumed the idea was to vote like in #2, but the actual posted lists are more following #1.[/quote]

Ideally it should be more along the lines of number 2, but as we are all human, we tend to vote with a tendency towards number 1. However do to the “majority wins”, number 2 will more likely than not win out. For example, a couple of people have voted for fidani so far, and we Silence didn’t vote for Clint, yet these rogue votes will probably not be reflected in the final result, so have confidence in the democratic undertaking.

Having said that I hope people at least try to be responsible with their voting. I have faith in the end that this system will work and the more deserving people will be chosen.

[quote=“Stanton, post:68, topic:2068”]Question:

I assumed the idea was to vote like in #2, but the actual posted lists are more following #1.[/quote]

I think it’s important to stick closely to #2. This is supposed to be about people who made a major contibution to the genre not just a popularity vote.

I also have tried to stick to number 2 even if it doesn’t seem like it. I honestly consider Cesare Canevari’s contribution quite important even if not too impactful. Sorry Tom.

or Anthony Steffen??? WTF

Yes, we should all aim for this, but people like Clint Eastwood should have a place in the Hall of Fame simply because, with Leone, he helped kick-start the genre and is one of the most iconic figures in it.

and Lee Van Cleef who helped sustain it.

Yes, but I don’t think we will have to worry about Eastwood and Van Cleef; they are as good as in.

Thougt about Steffen but I still think he’s too stiff.

agreed…

Like I said before, the rogue votes will be cancelled out by the majority.

I don’t want to criticize anybody’s voting but lets from now on be responsible with this. This is not the same as your top 20 where you just pick your favorites. You have to be objective. Thats why I placed trust you, the voting commitee, who decides who goes in and who’s left out, that together we can ensure that those most deserving get inducted.

I for one have tried to leave my own personal feelings out of my votes. Everyone who knows me knows that I’m not a big fan of Corbucci, nor am I a big fan of Tomas Milian, but I voted for them anyway (over some of my “favorites” like Will Berger, Mario Caiano, and George Martin) because I felt they were both more deserving over others.

So please everyone, don’t go with who you like, go with who is most deserving.

@Silence - Steven Tedd. WTF?

I think he meant Sean Todd LOL.

Overall, I think so far the vast majority of the ballots have been quite balanced so good job everybody who voted so far.