Welcome to the November 2022 newsletter from in and around the Spaghetti Western Database, your regular newsletter of what happened last month.
Instructions: See Newsletter category of our forums All forum members receive this newsletter. Contact us if you have any questions.
NEW STUFF IN AND AROUND THE SWDB IN NOVEMBER 2022:
Spagvemberfest 2022 wrapped!
Our yearly extravaganza of watching spaghetti westerns for the entire month of November has once more brought together genre fans old and new for a truly great marathon. Our forum topic alone counted 28 actively participating members, 3000 views, 2.200 likes and tallied up around 450 posts. On social media folks from around the world were also active and shared what they watched, on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others. Thanks to everyone who made last month the month of the Italian Western! See you next year.
New around the SWDb:
WHERE WE NEED YOUR HELP:
- We’re still trying to get in touch with the person who ran the Altervista website https://web.archive.org/web/20220330035944/http://spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/ if anyone knows, please send us a message.
- We’re also trying to locate our friend from Finland who went by the name of Shobary (with the popular SW website with that title).
- We can use more information on a lot of home video releases in the SWDb from France, Czechia, Poland, Brazil, Japan and many other countries. Please, if you see gaps in the SWDb, please reach out with corrections. Language tracks, subtitles, regioncode, extras and much more!
- We’d love to establish more than one person as SWDb-ambassador per country or region, to have a reliable network of friends having an eye on developments in that region (home video releases, screenings, etc.) but also help us add and maintain information in the SWDb related to that region (film titles, posters, reviews, etc.). Let us know if you want to become active with the website!
- Let us know if you want to help with our new master calendar Calendar - The Spaghetti Western Database and company directory Company directory - The Spaghetti Western Database. We still need help to fill those with information, please get in touch!
- We are collecting spaghetti western themed podcast episodes from around the world, please point us to more of them.
- Phil and myself have started catalogueing those little interview featurettes from home video releases as well so it will be easier to research in the future where to find interviews. In a few months we’ll show you what we’ve accomplished.
And as always: join the SWDb, help out, it will make it better
The major overhaul of the SWDb has entered its first step. It will come with many under-the-hood improvements that should just make the site work better, but it will also result in some overdue visual improvements of the SWDb, notably the film pages and other things. We need your feedback to get it on track, so please help out. Click here to read about it: Testing SWDb 3.0
New and upcoming discs:
There were many home video releases in November
this included a few new releases in Germany, some re-releases in Italy and also a few welcome additions in France.
There are a few titles we can look forward to in December
the highlight being two more releases by Explosive Media and a release of Lola Colt that everyone will be curious to see how the quality holds up.
Visit the SWDb home video release calendar
Please get in touch if you can or want to review movies, BluRays, soundtracks or books, in any language. We could use more reviews in Italian, Spanish, French and other languages, too!
Johnny Hamlet (German)
Other new contributions: Seb’s exclusive Interview with Jan Svabenicky who published the first book about spaghetti westerns in Czech.
We can use some extra help improving the quality and quantity of soundtrack info on the database, please get in touch! Tracklists, vinyl covers, release news, availability and more, would be great to have in the SWDb.
We continue posting and sharing location visits and comparison on our Facebook page and thank everyone around the net who takes these pictures and videos. Please also see the locations category of this forum.
Those of you who feel inclined to donate a dollar or euro or two, head here. Payplal has improved the donation experience, check it out.
Also, whenever you shop at Amazon, click on one of the SWDb’s Amazon links first, it doesn’t matter which one. Special thanks for those who donated last month!
The SWDb has also signed up for the Amazon Poland partner program, so if you live there and want to shop, please do use this link.
Many thanks to all and everyone who contributed this month, in the SWDb proper, here in the forums, everyone who has emailed us, shared our posts on social media or donated a few bucks our way. See you next month with a roundup of updates. We wish you the happiest new year and hope you check in regularly, discuss, spread the word and contribute (click here to read about the many ways how to do that). We have also improved the donation option via PayPal, it should provide a much more convenient experience.