SWDB Archives - A community idea

So lately I’ve had an idea in my head that would give me some creative output for my passion of SWs and the community, but also give the community a little economical and promotional boost.

So, I was thinking of making DVD-r releases of rare movies that only exists in bootlegs elsewhere (or lacks a english-friendly release) and then give away to forum members in exchange for a donation to the community. My idea is to make double bills on DVD-r, scan original posters and locandinas and make a nice professional high quality lay out. Movies like EL PURO. Maybe one release per year. This would be for forum members strictly, and anyone would be free to contribute with content. I know collectors here pay for bootlegs and DVD-rs elsewhere where money goes down in the pocket of bootleggers, this way money would go to the community instead. I would do this all for the passion and not take any profit for it. I had in mind of maybe calling it SWDB Archives or something like that. Maybe make a T-shirt design?

This is only a fantasy at this point but I would like to hear your thoughts about it.

Your intentions are good, but whichever way you slice it, this is still copyright infringement, and the site can’t condone that.

Also, once you put a DVD-R out into the world, it will be copied and sold just the same as any other release.

Nice idea, but fraught with problems. Perhaps making SWDB T-Shirts with vintage artwork would be a possibility for raising funds - 'cause who love T-shirts more than a movie geek !? :rofl:

that sounds interesting

1 Like

Okay then! Let’s make it happen. An idea for the design would be the site logo and web page underneath, and then some kind of artwork from posters, maybe some posters we can all agree upon.

I’m all for the T-Shirt idea. When I turned 30 I received a set of custom shirts as a gift, and one was of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Could we give you suggestions for the types of shirts we’d like to have? Do you plan on using PayPal as an option? I have an account there and it’s my go to place for all non-Amazon purchases. I look forward to your ideas.

1 Like

That’s the trick, isn’t ? Getting us ALL to agree. LOL :wink:

The T-shirt thing was just off the top of my head, so other ideas, suggestions are very welcome. Thanks, ElDavido for getting the ball rolling. :+1:

1 Like

I have a friend that has a small T-Shirt buisness and makes designs himself in some fancy program, I will take his help and make a prototype and then we’ll take it from there. It might be better to make a simple design drawn from one specific poster and then make 3 diffrent instead.

Keep it simple, I reckon.

1 Like

it’s a tad boring though … see, first disagreement! LOL :wink:

2 Likes

Your spellchecker’s playing up Aldo; you typed “nicely understated” and it came out as “a tad boring”. You should get that looked at. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

First that comes to my mind is the US Poster of The Ugly Ones, Milian firing his gun with that evil smile… or Death Sentence.

… or we could use one of my paintings, then we’re completely copyright free!?

3 Likes

How does this suggestion sound to everybody: how about the Community logo with some of the classic actors of the genre lined up next to each other? Stills of actors like Franco Nero, Lee Van Cleef, Tomas Milian, George Hilton, Giuliano Gemma, Anthony Steffen, Frank Wolff, Robert Woods, Klaus Kinski, Gordon Mitchell, Aldo Sambrell, Terence Hill, and Bud Spencer.

This Doctor Who shirt I have I think illustrates what I’m thinking. What do you all think?

1 Like

If Tony Anthony can be added, I’m all for it. :wink:

He’s in. Now that I think about it, this line up might work well:

Franco Nero, Lee Van Cleef, Tomas Milian, George Hilton, Tony Anthony, Giuliano Gemma, Anthony Steffen, Robert Woods, Frank Wolff, & Klaus Kinski.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

How about Sancho?

1 Like

Oh yeah, how could I forget Fernando Sancho. I keep forgetting the genre had so many actors. We’ll work it out.

with so many actors, you’ll need this in XXXL sizes :wink:

1 Like

This is my concern aswell

Garko, Berger are also possible contenders