SWDB Archives - A community idea

My vote would be for something around just the SWDB logo.
Nice and simple and doesn’t get into any potential image rights issues too.

2 Likes

I then suggest we have a painting from aldo. Just a logo is dull IMO. If we’re going to have shirts done I think it should be special

1 Like

I’d buy and wear any of these immediately (or something along these lines):

Anything too picture-y… I dunno, each to their own of course but, prairie/cowboy scenes on a t-shirt just puts me in mind of those non-specific t-shirts of native Americans or eagles or dream-catchers or wolves that you see on old men stumbling around boot fairs (none of which is intended as a slight on aldo’s artwork which is exceptional, and I’m happy to have my mind changed by any artwork, portrait, design or whatever anybody wants to suggest):

Do you know what I mean? Nothing naff like that :arrow_up:. It’s just £5-a-pop market-stall duds for sad old buggers.

I don’t think the logo on its own is boring, I think it’s smart, and even a little classy (as “classy” as a t-shirt is likely to get, anyway).

Just IMHO of course, as always. xxx

2 Likes

I tend to agree - something simple can be more effective than a noisy painting (different mediums) but a relatively basic graphic that suggests SW, without ‘borrowing’ images or using specific actors, is worth exploring.

I’d like to hear any ideas, or see rough sketches (doesn’t have to be professional) which I can tart up, if necessary ? We also have Massimo, who is a pro graphic artist. :grinning:

1 Like

How about the SWDb logo and a silhouette of a gunfighter with his gun drawn? The colors in the silhouette could be the tri-color Italian flag to signify the Italian Westerns.

silhouette of Claudia Cardinale anno 1968 and you got my attention :)))

3 Likes

Can you please paint a Steffan collage? That’s the only design I’d buy. Thanks.

1 Like

Perhaps with a range of expressions!? LOL :smile:

2 Likes

I like the idea of a simple logo and the silhouette of a cowboy with gun (or cowboy riding horse or the face of a SW actor). White on black background or the reverse would be good.

2 Likes

Great work, Aldo. Do yo have a website?

1 Like

Thanks, Massimo - Don’t have a website, as I’m semi-retired from painting, but I do the occasional commission.

10 years back I started a portrait project, ‘Faces of the Spaghetti West’ … wanted to concentrate on the character actors rather than big stars. Think there were 6 or 7 paintings semi completed, but real life interrupted. Maybe get back into it at some point. :slight_smile:

1 Like

20190918_230620

1 Like

I like that a lot :smiley:

1 Like

If you get some paintings finished I would be interested in purchasing one or maybe a commission?

1 Like

PM me, and let me know what you have in mind. :slight_smile:

Whatever you do, it looks better if you let the black areas be the black of the Tshirt if you are printing on a black Tshirt, and white for white(see image). Trust me, I sell over 600 Tshirts. :wink:

1 Like

So whatever happened to these efforts? :wink:

Maybe we need to bring @TheSwede in on this, inventor of the infamous “you basterd!” Shirt