SW Bargain Thread

Well, here you can post the bargains you find around the net (or in local shops) for spaghetti western DVDS (or other formats)…

Please include link (if possible) and the bargain price.

I’ll post the first one. Has been mentioned in the Wild East thread but this is the place it belongs:

For a Few Previews More can be had for just $9.95 from Wild East (or Xploitedcinema) at the moment… Damn cheap and a lot less than I paid for it some years ago:

http://www.wildeast.net/catalog1.html

There are many great SW’s on amazon.co.uk below 5£.

OUATITW sells everywhere for under 10 dollars

wal mart has it for 5, and it is the 2 disc SE

A couple of cheapies from FarEastFlix:

Man Called Invincible (Southern DVD) → $9.95
http://www.fareastflix.com/p-micdvd.html

Kid Terror of the West (Six Gun Cinema) → $9.95
http://www.fareastflix.com/p-kidterrordvd.html

if you’re not into special features, you can get the german paramount spaghettis now pretty cheap as 1-disc editions almost everywhere for around 8 euros

I haven’t seen “Django Italo-Western Box” more affordable than EUR 25,95 on Amazon.

that’s less than 10 bucks per movie. I’d say that’s a fair price

Jpc.de have it at the same price:

They come very much recommended from me, and unlike amazon we non-Germans don’t have to pay extra VAT.

There is no better on-line shop in Germany than Amazon for us outside EU. The shipping cost is fixed to EUR 6.00 regardless how many disc one orders. JPC is charging EUR19.99 for delivery to Serbia&Montenegro.
I don’t know what you mean about paying extra VAT. The total amount of every order from Amazon is reduced by 19% (German VAT) for non-EU customer.

No for those outside EU you are of course right, but if you live in Denmark (in the EU) as I do I have to pay the difference in the Danish VAT (25%) and the German VAT (19%) which means that the products will be a little bit more expensive. Amazon is the only shop I know that do this but it is of course sweet for you as you avoid all VAT. That price can’t be beat :slight_smile:

Don’t forget the soundtrack cd which is included in the box set with tracks not available elsewhere.

cd-wow.net has a small German DVD sortiment…

any way of finding them? They have categories but no western one? but a shaw brothers one. In schnäpchenmarkt or where?

just do a search? never tried buying spaghettis there

A Mysterie made by Amazon: The price of the Django DVD Box from Kochmedia was in the morning (MEZ) about 25 €, but in the afternoon suddenly 28,95! What happened? I had luck I ordered it in the morning. ;D

sometimes prices change every second

For those of you thinking of getting the region 1 Navajo Joe release, DeepDiscount are doing a ‘Buy2 Get 1 Free’ promo on a whole bunch of stuff and Navajo Joe is an included title.

Maybe they should call it ‘Buy 2 Get Joe Free’?

Either way it’s a good deal.

[quote=“Phil H, post:17, topic:955”]For those of you thinking of getting the region 1 Navajo Joe release, DeepDiscount are doing a ‘Buy2 Get 1 Free’ promo on a whole bunch of stuff and Navajo Joe is an included title.

Maybe they should call it ‘Buy 2 Get Joe Free’?

Either way it’s a good deal.[/quote]

That would be a good deal…if they have the items in stock at the time.
I have stopped dealing with DeepDiscount completely because it seemed every time they had such a sale all the New Releases were excluded because they were “currently out of stock”.
I admit the DeepDiscount has some killer prices and all…but, just from many years of experience with them, I think they are a bit on the “tricky” side and their customer service is non-existent.

End of rant! :wink:

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:18, topic:955”]That would be a good deal…if they have the items in stock at the time.
I have stopped dealing with DeepDiscount completely because it seemed every time they had such a sale all the New Releases were excluded because they were “currently out of stock”.
I admit the DeepDiscount has some killer prices and all…but, just from many years of experience with them, I think they are a bit on the “tricky” side and their customer service is non-existent.

End of rant! ;)[/quote]

That’s interesting that you have had bad experiences with DeepDiscount Chris. I have been using them a fair bit over the past year or so and have never had a single problem. Their prices are always good and for those of us in europe their postage costs are very reasonable. (3 DVDs for about $8 for example)

But the more people share their experiences the more I realise that everyone has different problems with different suppliers. There hardly ever seems to be any company that are 100% reliable all the time.

I can say, however, that Navajo Joe is definitely included in this deal of deepDiscount’s because I just bought it. When it will actually arrive is another matter. ;D

Not exactly a dvd but Mark Damons new biography:

From Cowboy to Mogul to Monster: The Neverending Story of Film Pioneer Mark Damon

Can be had for a pound at amazon.co.uk and a single penny (!) if bought of the market place as I’ve just done:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cowboy-Mogul-Monster-Neverending-Pioneer/dp/1434377369/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211786041&sr=8-1

So no excuses… Buy buy buy.