StopgapDVD

New company and they are putting out various Italian films, westerns, crime etc.

i got myself “I CAME I SAW I SHOT” and “WHY GO ON KILLING” , they are all limited to only 100 copies of each film, the packaging is great and not only is the cover numbered the inlay and disc is aswell.

The prints although not remastered or anything like that this is as good or better than versions ive previously seen.

worth a look :slight_smile:

here is a link

http://www.freewebs.com/stopgapdvd/

Ordered all 4 spaghetti westerns. Haven’t had a time to watch the movies yet (got them yesterday), but yes, the packaging looks great.

Hope they can keep’em coming.

These are real pressed discs, right? Not dvd-r’s?

They ARE DVD-Rs.

Makes me laugh a bit when there site says limited pressings of 100.

Even if this is true, by the time people have copied the films, they may be limited editions of say a few hundred or something.

However, I realise this can apply to any film, but of particular relevance here, as they are pushing this limited edition of 100 business.

True of course. You have to buy them for the films (like I did) and not for the fact that they happened to be limited.

Yes, thats true like you say.

What is the quality like then?

I know they have english audio on, but do the prints have subtitles on all the titles then?

Like I said above I haven’t had a time to see the movies yet, but can see that two have Greek and one have Dutch subtitles :slight_smile:

The only subtitle-free movie is I Came, I Saw, I Shot.

For picture quality check out mr. Peterson’s post above.

Thanks.

The link doesn’t work for me.

I think it’s sometimes down. Bloody freeweb. Works now for me.

Yes, you are right, as happened to me aswell.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:5, topic:539”]Makes me laugh a bit when there site says limited pressings of 100.

Even if this is true, by the time people have copied the films, they may be limited editions of say a few hundred or something.

However, I realise this can apply to any film, but of particular relevance here, as they are pushing this limited edition of 100 business.[/quote]
maybee so, but each film is numbered individually, cover disc and postcard so i would imagine if anyone copied them and tried to pass them off they would be spotted.

True. Copies would be spotted. But I’d really rather seen that they had gone for pressed discs instead of this individual numbering business.

Next spaghetti western has been announced: Carogne si nasce (aka If One Is Born a Swine… Kill Him/Cry Death)… Nice.

Saw some copies of the STOPGAP DVD’s (which are copies themselves ) at a memorabila fair only last week.

They seemed to be selling very well, and the guy was charging more than the STOP GAP DVD price !.

Everything is a copy if you look at it that way. StopGAP DVDs are vhs transfers but not more copies than ‘genuine’ releases. The only difference being that they are ‘burned’ instead of ‘pressed’.

STOPGAP DVD 's are not officially released products, and this is one of the key differences here, when compared to official releases (e.g Wild East for example).

No, they are bootlegs sure albeit very well packaged. My point was just that they are no more copies than say Wild East which you mentioned. The only difference is that Wild East uses better transfers and pressed discs.

Could not agree more and this is the main difference for me nowadays on what makes a film watchable or not in terms of quality.

But for the movies Stop Gap DVD are releasing, there just isn’t any alternative, so it’s either buy and watch the movie in less than perfect quality or don’t watch it all. I want to watch all the spaghetti westerns I can get my hands on so therefore support Stop Gap DVD and their endeavours.