StopgapDVD

I thought Wild East didn’t license anything either - I was under the impression that the US copyright situation on the films they release is a bit murky and therefore they can get away with it…

I have read this also about Wild East films in the so called Public Domain.

If this is the case it is still an official release in the U.S, as the American Law allows companies to release certain films that are in the so called Public Domain.

The law is generally not as easy going in the U.K regarding this.

Also, all films sold in the U.K have to be certified by the B.B.F.C, as this is a legal requirement.

STOPGAP DVD’s are being sold from the U.K (and shipped from the U.K according to a source), and do not carry a B.B.F.C certificate.

Therefore legally these discs should not be sold in the U.K.

Next spaghetti western announced: Macho Killers… Am definitely getting this and Cry Of Death…

Nice to see that they are standing up to their promise of releasing two spaghetti westerns per month.

[quote=“AvatarDK, post:23, topic:539”]Next spaghetti western announced: Macho Killers… Am definitely getting this and Cry Of Death…

Nice to see that they are standing up to their promise of releasing two spaghetti westerns per month.[/quote]
2 per month, I’m afraid i won’t manage to buy what i want before everything will be sold:(

The next two releases has been announced:

A Bounty Killer For Trinity (aka Un Bounty Killer a Trinita)
Death At Owell Rock (aka La Morte Non Conta I Dollari)

Will be released May 1st.

Has anyone watched their Stop gap DVD’s yet? I’m interested to know what the quality is like before I order some.

I have 8 releases so far, the print quality varies from excellent to good and most of them obviously come from a video source but they are all watchable quality (some of the films they have put out are rare as fuck so i’m happy just to see some of them) and look great on the shelf together.

I had THE SHARK HUNTER with Franco Nero turn up a couple of weeks ago, i hadn’t seen this for a while so it was a joy to watch again! :slight_smile:

Got to love the De Angelis brothers score aswell ;D

The next two spaghetti western releases due June 1st:

SGDVD 009 - Professionals For A Massacre
SGDVD 010 - They Called Him Amen

July releases by StopGap:
SGDVDW 011 - Paid In Blood

SGDVDW 012 - Blood At Sundown

I can’t understand why they’re going to release fullscreen version of Blood at sundown as they’re a lot of widescreen bottlegs you can find ???

Where (which country) was it released in a widescreen version? I take it we’re talking about a VHS-transfer?

They just changed their release plan. No longer releasing Blood at Sundown but My Horse, My Gun, Your Widow instead :slight_smile:

LOL

[quote=“AvatarDK, post:30, topic:539”]Where (which country) was it released in a widescreen version? I take it we’re talking about a VHS-transfer?[/quote]I have the Luminous dvd-r which is widescreen, I think it’s been transferred from dutch tape.

Yes, sounds about right… Just saw that it was being sold from CineCityPlanet for 89 euro!!! (The original tape).

You can also get Jerksi’s DVDr which is widescreen version

[quote=“AvatarDK, post:31, topic:539”]They just changed their release plan. No longer releasing Blood at Sundown but My Horse, My Gun, Your Widow instead :slight_smile:

LOL[/quote]
I wonder if it’s a coincidence or we are that influential after all :smiley:

People from the StopGapDVD team frequent the site… But could be a coincidence of course.

We know we are influential, that’s not up for discussion :slight_smile:

Newest two from StopGap DVD to be released in August:

De Guello
What Am I Doing In The Middle Of A Revolution ?

Anyone know if these guys are still working? I was going to get a copy of Paid In Blood.

I really doubt it, I have their Why Go On Killing disc. Its been years since I heard anything about any of their releases.

Yeah, their last message on their site is from 2007. :frowning: