Spagvemberfest 2020

I hardly use computer when I’m on web surfing mood, so I guess I won’t get bonus :roll_eyes:

Those Dirty Dogs is hardly the creme de la creme of the genre, but not too shabby either and pretty decent for an effort coming from 1973. The combination of comedy and violence sometimes works, sometimes it doesn’t, but the movie moves forward pretty nimbly, doesn’t dawdle and is pretty funny in places. You can definitely do a lot worse than this, a nice Sartanesque little adventure.

Moving on to Two Crosses in Danger Pass (1967).

2 Likes

What does that have to do with it? Linking should work without a problem from the phone… but no obligation :slight_smile:

Right, I’ve posted something along those lines boss but feel free to tweak/amend/cut/append it as you see fit if you think it needs anything else. :+1:

Few days ago I’ve been contemplating what if someone decided to watch the same spagh (I had GBU in mind) during the whole month and I dismissed it with healthy laughter that nobody would voluntarily endure such insanity. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s friggin’ brilliant. Everyone should read, appreciate and share it:

1 Like

I still can’t believe last.caress is actually doing this. I thought it was just an innocuous joke, but apparently not. :worried:

1 Like

I hope he is doing it, I want to watch him go slowly mad… nyahahaahaha. He will become Frankenstein’s Spaghetti Monster.

But on a serious note, I’m pretty much interested in this project. :+1:

2 Likes

SPAGVEMBERFEST 2020: DAY 2

After a cracking start to my Spagvember this year with the magnificent A Fistful of Dollars, I’m now digging right into the meat of the genre with the rugged and uncompromising A Fistful of Dollars (Leone, 1964). My tactic in the first week at least is to not pay too much attention to the movie as it plays. Just sort of let it wash over me. Envelop myself in a Dollar-y vibe rather than invest myself in too many specifics too quickly. I’ve got a long, long way to go yet; and - I’ll be honest - it’s already feeling as though I’ve got a long, long way to go. Now, get three coffins ready.

3 Likes

:worried:

2 Likes

Day 2: Boot Hill

I had low expectations for this film due to numerous bad reviews. Those reviews were spot on as, despite having a decent cast, the film lacks a coherent narrative and the gimmicky circus elements are just plain annoying. It’s another film ticked off the list though.

4 Likes

God Forgives… is the best of the trilogy, followed by Ace High… probably :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really enjoyed God Forgives… and I’m pretty sure I have Ace High scheduled for later in the month. I haven’t decided on films for the whole 30 days yet.

1 Like

I’m going to watch Sergio Garrone’s Una lunga fila di croci (1969) tonight – recently bought the new White Pearl Blu-ray.

3 Likes
  1. Fidani: Four Came to Kill Sartana
    -Every spagvember needs at least one Fidani. This film is good fun with the mysterious bad guy “mormon” (whose secret identity you keep guessing like 10 minutes) and his four hired killers. Horse riding, saloon brawls, crazy gunfights at the gravel pits… such fun. 6/10
5 Likes

Objection, your honor.

Overruled.

Day 2 I decided to go for another tongue ‘n’ cheek film, and I picked

Testa t’Ammazzo, Croce…sei Morto…Mi Chiamano Alleluja

I’ve seen this on YouTube before, someone had upload an English subtitled version. Today I’m watching a restored version on Films&Clips. Yes it’s silly at times, but a lot of the humor works, and it’s hard not to like George Hilton as the amiable straight man who does funny things.

4 Likes

I’ve just seen Gentleman Killer (1967). While it’s definitely not as good as two other Stegani’s westerns and is undoubtedly too derivative to become anything memorable, it was still an enjoyable watch, fairly well executed too. Nothing special, but it delivers I guess, another one to strike out of my watchlist.

2 Likes

Hellbenders

Kicked off this years fest with a classic Corbucci that was due to a rewatch. It get’s better and better with each viewing for me. A brutal and violent dog-eat-dog story with both suspense and dramatic moments that makes it an entertaining watch all together! 8/10

7 Likes