Spaghetti Western tunes you sing

[quote=“Silver, post:20, topic:1271”]I love the theme song to Johnny Yuma…it’s kinda cheesy but somehow perfect! The song from Any Gun Can Play is great also…it’s funny you should mention it as i was listening to it (and others) ealier on…[/quote]a good way to spend an evening, there are many good music themes/songs in the SW genre

[quote=“Silver, post:8, topic:1271”]That’s one catchy song for sure :wink:

According to a guy on YouTube who posted the song, these are the lyrics…

Lyrics:
Smile, you’d better never cry
A man like you should never shed a tear
Smile, each time you’d better smile
When things go wrong, so wrong
You wish to die, to die

I know it’s hard to smile the day
Your girl has gone away
And you’re alone

Lie, sometimes you’d better lie
A man like you must keep his pain inside, inside

I know it’s hard to be alone
The day you miss someone
Someone who’s gone

Smile, each time you’d better smile
For you get lost and wander home alone, alone, alone, alone, alone

Having listened tot he song again they sound pretty dead on…or at least very very close. Happy singing :D[/quote]
Thanks! Hadn’t seen that. Now I guess I’m gonna have to annoy my girlfriend ;D
It always sounded like "the gays are mis amores"instead of “The day you miss someone”

1 Like

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:22, topic:1271”]Thanks! Hadn’t seen that. Now I guess I’m gonna have to annoy my girlfriend ;D
It always sounded like "the gays are mis amores"instead of “The day you miss someone”[/quote]

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: That’s almost as good as the “If you see a man with down can size and dragon claws” line that ijontichy posted about Return Of Ringo! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m a big fan of these cheesy theme songs and am on Silver’s team here as I like just about all of them to some degree or other. But the ones that really stick with me as favourites would probably be:

Return of Ringo
Johnny Hamlet
Johnny Yuma
Seven Guns for a Killing
Django
Arizona Colt
Killer Adios

To be fair, anything sung by Maurizio Graf or Raoul will get my thumbs up.

1 Like

I barely mentioned Sartana in the Valley of Death a week or so ago - and that King for a Day song has been lodged in my head ever since :P.
The only reason I mention it now, knowing full well it’ll be there for another indeterminate time, is that I’m transferring the Inter-Ocean vid to a back-up. Not from any masochistic reasons … :wink:

The song in His name was King is one I am fond of at the moment.

1 Like

That one is on red dead revolver and I love it.

1 Like

This morning, I have had the Wanted Johnny Texas theme stuck in my head. Great tune. Haven’t seen the movie but hope to soon. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Phil H, post:24, topic:1271”]I’m a big fan of these cheesy theme songs and am on Silver’s team here as I like just about all of them to some degree or other. But the ones that really stick with me as favourites would probably be:

Return of Ringo
Johnny Hamlet
Johnny Yuma
Seven Guns for a Killing
Django
Arizona Colt
Killer Adios

To be fair, anything sung by Maurizio Graf or Raoul will get my thumbs up.[/quote]

Ah…a very good list there! And here i’m in total agreement…anything by Maurizio Graf or Raoul is good. Though i’m still real annoyed that when i bought the 15 Scaffolds soundtrack the Raoul song was not included! >:(

What do you guys and girls think of the matalo soundtrack? Have had it stuck in my head off and on for weeks. Great 12 string guitar piece. At least I think it’s 12 string.

Yep…that’s one i like! Actually…i tend to think the ost is better than the actual film… :stuck_out_tongue:

As I’ve said in other topics, I don’t knowif I am in LOVE with the film or if I feel it is just mind bogiling mediocre. I guess the creators of the film were hoping for a response as weird as the film and I feel I did just that. But that is how it made me feel. I’m confused. :o

LOL…well it’s definitely interesting…especially with it’s very passive and mostly ineffectual hero, and the hippy outfits! I’d say Corrado Pani is the best thing in the film. If you like it, maybe you should check out the earlier Kill The Wicked (or Wickeds as it says on some trailers!)…as Matalo! has it’s basis in this film…

Is it as drug influenced?

Nope…it’s much more straightforward…but basically the same story with mostly the same characters. It’s not a stunning film but it’s not bad either. Unfortunately the only version floating around seems to be a dvdr with an onscreen message that stays put for the whole film…that#s the one i have and i know a few others who have the same one…

Anyway, the penguin’s theme from Companeros I whistle now and then. Very laid back sound.

And I have been listening to the jukebox on a fistful of pasta. Great feature!I have had the guitar piece from I Want Him Dead stuck in my head for hours so Iam listening to it now to get it out of my head. I must say, it is a very maturepiece for a spaghetti western.

For some reason i can’t get “Maya” from No Room To Die out of my head at the moment!

You’re right about I Want Him Dead…the whole soundtrack is a great listen. I have the cd on quite a lot…

Just watched that movie last night. Great movie. Even better soundtrack. Very haunting and catchy. Can’t get it out of my head.