Spaghetti Western tunes you sing

I couldn’t help it to be curious what everybody else sings because I just couldn’t get the desert tune from Shoot the living, Pray for the dead from my head.

Well…i love the majority of SW songs i wouldn’t normally sing any of them out loud. However, bizarrely my young daughter often insists on me giving her a rendition of “A Lone And Angry Man” from Coffin For The Sheriff, “A Gringo Like Me” from Gunfight At Red Sands and “Won’t You Be Mine” from 15 Scaffolds For A Killer… I can’t begin to tell you how bad it sounds, but at least she seems to find it highly amusing :-[ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

the SW tunes that often go through my head lately in quieter moments are “jills theme”, the song from “viva django” and the theme from " the stranger returns". i don’t know why. nurse is it time for my rubdown? ;D

Not aware that I sing them out loud but…I mentioned GBU to someone a while back and my 3 1/2 year old daughter sang the opening few bars pretty spot on…freaky but also possibly indicative that she had heard me doing it.

2 Likes

I sometimes whistle SW tunes when I’m alone in my car driving :smiley:

Return of Ringo

1 Like

My shower favorite is Django.
Too bad, or fortunately, I haven’t been able to track down the lyrics of the Preparati la bara! theme. This guy has an accent that makes the lyrics hard to decypher causing me to merely understand snippets of what he’s singing, otherwise I’d be singing that one too. Couldn’t find the lyrics on the internet either.

1 Like

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:7, topic:1271”]My shower favorite is Django.
Too bad, or fortunately, I haven’t been able to track down the lyrics of the Preparati la bara! theme. This guy has an accent that makes the lyrics hard to decypher causing me to merely understand snippets of what he’s singing, otherwise I’d be singing that one too. Couldn’t find the lyrics on the internet either.[/quote]

That’s one catchy song for sure :wink:

According to a guy on YouTube who posted the song, these are the lyrics…

Lyrics:
Smile, you’d better never cry
A man like you should never shed a tear
Smile, each time you’d better smile
When things go wrong, so wrong
You wish to die, to die

I know it’s hard to smile the day
Your girl has gone away
And you’re alone

Lie, sometimes you’d better lie
A man like you must keep his pain inside, inside

I know it’s hard to be alone
The day you miss someone
Someone who’s gone

Smile, each time you’d better smile
For you get lost and wander home alone, alone, alone, alone, alone

Having listened tot he song again they sound pretty dead on…or at least very very close. Happy singing :smiley:

1 Like

I also think the tune from taste for killing is very catchy. I used to think tunes with lyrics I didn’t like but Djang, Dirty Outlaws, and Taste for Killing are all good. So is Those Dirty Dogs tunes.

I must say, I never thought this post world go anywhere but I’m glad to see it did. ;D

All good songs :wink: Personally i love almost every SW song i hear…although i do find the one from Arizona Colt Returns really irritating! Then again i also love the general music…it’s one of the great things about the whole genre. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m gonna have to cite Weisser here because he says something similar. Basically he says the lyrics and song are terrible. Let’s flys and kills evrybody!!! ??? :o

Well for once he’s right. God it’s horrible. The lyrics (if you can call them that) go some thing like;

I guess i’ve gotta get my gun
I guess i’ve gotta shoot someone
Bang bang

and then something like hey yippy yippy yay…and believe me it gets worse. You really need to hear it to appreciate how awful it really is
:-X

1 Like

Not sure I could take it. :wink:

:smiley: I’d steer clear of that Dynamite Jim song too then… :stuck_out_tongue:

I have heard that one. It is terrible but catchy. I couldn’t even finish the movie!

I do have the film but haven’t got round to watching it yet! You’re right actually…it is pretty catchy. But still bad! ;D

another two that come to me out of the blue occasionally are “johnny yuma” and “any gun can play”.

I now and again catch myself singing the California theme but snap myself out of it because I hate that song! Not a very good movie either.

I love the theme song to Johnny Yuma…it’s kinda cheesy but somehow perfect! The song from Any Gun Can Play is great also…it’s funny you should mention it as i was listening to it (and others) ealier on…