Spaghetti Western Posters

I like to get my money’s worth. :grin:

4 Likes

Hi

As this is my first post in these forums i thought i might share some of the posters i have collected over the years relating to Sergio’s films.

Any one else fancy sharing their collection.

Best

Darren

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Here are some more…

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Last October, my wife - and mother-in-law :unamused: - found a house about a half hour away from their family farm that they just loved. To make a long story short, I loved the pictures of what was outside but hated the inside until we went up and did a viewing. I found a partially finished theater room in the basement. Come June, we are moving north. :laughing:

At the bottom of the stairs, just before you take a right into the theater room, is a huge blank wall. I wanted to find a cool spaghetti western poster to frame and hang there and, far exceeding my expectations, I got my hands on this:

I got up on a step ladder to try to get the whole poster in a picture but this is the best that I could do as it measures 6 feet 6 inches (200 cm) X 4 feet 7 inches (140 cm) and is in two sheets. As far as I can tell, it has never been hung as there is no damage to any of the corners.

I am not the poster expert that many on here are but I took pictures of what is in the white border.

Any opinions on whether it is the real deal or an elaborate copy? I’m happy either way as I didn’t spend a fortune on it and it is going to look awesome.

8 Likes

It would it would too expensive to make an elaborate copy in this scale, and expect to make a return on it … :wink: It’s real … well done!

3 Likes

Thanks! That was my thinking as well but I wanted some other opinions. Like I said, my poster knowledge is limited.

Looks great and definitely genuine.
And good to hear you have a big enough wall to hang it on. My larger posters are condemned to stay in the drawer I’m afraid. Only room for locandine and smaller Belgian posters in my house

4 Likes

The wife had to make a trip to the University of Maryland last week for a conference and asked me to come along. I at first said no as Baltimore is one of my least favorite places on earth due to the fact that it is a crime ridden shit hole that has a long and storied history of corruption at the highest levels of the government. Upon reflection, I changed my mind for two reasons. 1)If I stayed at home, I would be forced to continue packing for our move and 2) the mounds and mounds of fresh crabs and beer that awaited.

On the day of the conference, I first decided to drop in for a visit with Edgar Allan Poe as I hadn’t been to his grave in years. Then, because it was such a nice day and I was feeling particularly brave, I decided to take my life into my own hands and take a stroll when I came upon a hole in the wall antique store. The guy that ran it had probably 200 old movie posters old folded up in plastic sleeves with card board backing in each one and another 15 to 20 or so higher end rare posters framed and hanging on the wall with some pretty extravagant price tags. It was like being in the comic book stores I frequented in my youth. I pulled these two out and asked if I could see them. He put on a pair of while cotton gloves and gently pulled them from their plastic and unfolded them on a table. I kept waiting for Nicolas Cage to show up with lemon juice, a hair dryer, and some Q-Tips. :laughing:

He asked if I would give him $40 for the pair, I countered with $30, and we met in the middle at $35. Obviously, these are from their U.S. releases but I didn’t think that was too bad and they are nice additions to be framed for the theater room.

11 Likes

Sounds like a bargain to me, and they look in great condition too - One issue I have the US one sheet … they seem to be folded/stored in a ‘special’ way which almost guarantees a tear when they’re opened up … or am I just a dumb Euro-Mofo ??? :wink:

1 Like

Super cool!

1 Like

The Minnesota Clay is in especially great shape. I can see what you are saying but neither of these have any tears at the folds…currently. I have been extremely careful unfolding them though.

1 Like

Nice

1 Like

Picked up all six Return of Ringo Italian Fotobustas at a good price which I’m very pleased with. But also a Day of Anger poster I hadn’t seen before and which wasn’t on the database.

Photo style when I prefer painted artwork but couldn’t let it slip by at the price.
Have added it to the DB now

9 Likes

Can anyone recommend an online store in Europe? Id really like a Garko/Sartana locandina for the office wall.

Italian ebay is the way to go, that’s where I got most of mine. Be patient and check every once in a while and don’t overpay!

2 Likes

I have bought a fair bit of stuff from an outfit called Rendezvous Cinema via UK eBay.
They have a lot of Italian stuff (an d lots more) and their prices vary but are usually pretty good

2 Likes

Late to this but awesome find :+1:

1 Like

I don´t have any original posters, only some that I printed out myself. It´s not the right way, but it is the budget way. Someday, though…

1 Like

After many years of not addind a single poster to the collection I added 6 new Danish posters:

Ballata per un pistolero
Imgur

L’ultimo killer

La resa dei conti

Per il gusto di uccidere

Pecos è qui: prega e muori!

Johnny Oro

and the Danish poster for the Swedish ‘western’ Utvandrarna:

9 Likes