Spaghetti Western Podcasts

Here is the recording of Episode 2

4 Likes

Special guest, Robert Woods aka Pecos, Mallory, MacGregor, Johnny Colt, Black Jack, and El Puro, among others, joins us on Once Upon a Time in Spaghetti Westerns: The Podcast on Friday, June 5th (check for your time zone), to discuss his films and career. See you there, amigos!. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

See you there at high noon (PST at least) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Must admit, I’ve been catching up with the podcasts by watching them on ‘You tube’, and not watching them live.
However…congrats for a great programme…keep 'em coming.

A few hiccups usually lead on to better health…

Looking forward to the edition with Robert Woods, whom I greatly admire.

Well done, Jay, and Tom
It must be so difficult, broadcasting live, but you are both doing a cracking job of it…a credit to the genre.

May I suggest a small glass of tequila, on hand…just to steady the nerves… :wink:

Thumbs up, all the way. :grinning:

1 Like

Really enjoyed watching last nights episode and finally managed to tune in live on Facebook.
Good to see Bob Woods looking well and in such good form.

4 Likes

Peak form, and great memories he had to tell about. Great episode

4 Likes

Great to see Robert looking so well … I appreciate what the guys are trying to do, but there’s way too much interrupting the guest and talking all at once.

Robert has an incredible memory of his time making these films and a seemingly inexhaustible collection of fascinating stories of what happened behind the scenes.

Just ask him a question and let him go ! ‘El Puro’ is mentioned and as Robert is about to tell us about Rosalba Neri et al … he’s cut off by the host.

Hope he agrees to do another of these podcasts, but just let the guy speak :wink:

1 Like

Audio delays due to the internet, my friend. It happens when doing a live podcast with 3 people in 3 different locations, so there might’ve been a couple of instances where it seemed like we talked over each other, but for most of the show, we did let Robert talk on and on without interruption. As hosts of the show, we also have to keep the show moving, while adding posters, videos, and graphics at designated times. We received nothing but positive responses about the show in our message box and in the comments section. In any event, thanks for watching.

1 Like

Thanks Phil. We appreciate you checking out the podcast.

1 Like

On our next podcast this Friday, we discuss underrated directors, such as Baldi, Fidani, Garrone, and many others. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Recording for Episode 3 for those who need to catch up

3 Likes

I can’t say enough, how much I enjoyed podcast 3.
Great to hear recollections from Robert Woods, whom I greatly admire…whether he portrayed ‘El Puro’, ‘Blackjack’, or my own personal favourite…‘Pecos’.
I truly wish Robert the very best of health, and wish him well for his next 30 years!

It is wonderful to see how much you guys are doing, to keep the SW alive, and well.
It must be so difficult broadcasting live; but, judging by how you have started, it can only continue to go from strength to strength.
Keep up the good work, Jay, and Tom.

1 Like

Watched the first half whilst on the exercise bike. It is wonderful to hear stories from a veteran spaghetti western actor in real time and not archive footage. I am new to Robert Woods’ films but he is a fascinating man and I will endeavour to search out more of his movies.
I will watch the second half tomorrow with plenty of lucasade.
Second half was great viewing too. So engrossing!

1 Like

Recording for Episode 4

1 Like

Podcast #4, regarding SW directors was very entertaining, and the time flew by.
Well done, Jay and Tom.

I am hoping that, in a future podcast, you may decide to feature the immense contribution made to SW’s, by composers such as Morricone, De Masi, Nicolai, Cipriani, Bacalov… to name but a few…

Perhaps, also, an episode dedicated to the stunt-men?

2 Likes

Show started a few minutes ago, but it is not too late to tune in

1 Like

It was a great episode once more. And they read a lot of the comments, too. More folks should watch it, it is fun

3 Likes

Podcast #5 was very entertaining. Amazing, the sheer number of alternate SW titles.

Looking forward to the planned future shows, dedicated to Klaus Kinski, and Fernando Sancho.
Well done, lads…keep 'em coming.

1 Like

Two thumbs up for these podcasts!! Good stuff, very welcome, especially in these days. Many thanks to the good gentlemen involved.

3 Likes

Tomorrow! 8pm UK, 9pm European central, tune in, be a part of it on Facebook or Youtube. Dont miss out!

1 Like