Spaghetti Western locations - post your pics

Cool photos Chris, again some great then and now comparisons and Los Albaricoques looks a fantastic place to visit. :slight_smile:
Iā€™m sure this is not the case but I always imagine those houses to be occupied by SW fans! :smiley:

[quote=ā€œChris_Casey, post:20, topic:676ā€]I have hundreds more photosā€¦but I think this is more than enough for one posting!
:)[/quote]
Iā€™m sure itā€™s not :wink: Itā€™s so cool to see all those places and it really makes me wanna visit themā€¦

Maybe we should make some page in our wiki that will gather all those great photos?

Hey Yodlaf great pics, Actually I have been to see them before but never appreciated the slingā€¦ouch!!
Will take my camera and try to get some great shots like yourself.

That one from FOD with a bloody great big road through the middle makes you want to cryā€¦

somei didnā€™t post before

Fistful of dynamite

The Big Gundown

A Pistol for Ringo

A few more trees and scrub (in the first 2) but they ainā€™t changed much. You mustā€™ve done some serious research to have found all these.
Cheers for sharinā€™.

okay now where is the ā€œrealā€ arch, because if it is in arizona I will kill myself, iā€™ve been to arizona twice now (once 10 months, and once for 2 weeks) and I sure hope I wasnā€™t stupid enough.

I really thought that real arch (the one they shot it at) was in Almeriaā€¦ but then againā€¦ the red sandā€¦ more like colorado/arizona

I reckon it wherever it was it is now long gone.

really?

I think iā€™ve seen pictures of a half-rotten arch some time ago I thought it was the real one

[quote=ā€œSebastian, post:32, topic:676ā€]really?

I think iā€™ve seen pictures of a half-rotten arch some time ago I thought it was the real one[/quote]
That sounds promising, do you remember where you saw it? We might have a holy grail on our hands :slight_smile:

Wherever it is, iā€™d love to visit it

hmā€¦ one of uli brucknerā€™s pictures maybe?

The arch used in ā€˜Once Upon a Timeā€¦ā€™ was originally built just outside Monument Valley, Utah, on a plateau along highway 163. It was a wooden structure, clad with brick that stood overlooking Monument valley for decades until the top fell down in the 90ā€™s. All thatā€™s left now are the two supports that used to hold up the round top.

When one leaves Monument Valley at Gouldings or Visitor Center / View Hotel and then turn northwards to Mexican Hat (or ā€˜Sombreroā€™ as I think this town should have been called ;D) after a few miles you will come to the point where the road goes up a plateau. This is also the famous photo-spot facing south where you have this long straight road with the mittens in the back. After that, a dirt road exits the 163 on your left and goes up the plateau. Follow that dirt road until you come to a crossing. Just follow the main road to the left until you get to an airfield site, where you follow the road to the right. Go all the way past the (hardly recognizable) airstrip and you will end up right in front of the remains of the archā€¦ Canā€™t miss it!

Additionally, here are some shots from the Rio Arlanza area in Northern Spain, where the finale for Good, Bad, Ugly was filmed. You GOT to love the cemetary location!

Oh, forgot, hereā€™s the Google Earth location of the arch remainsā€¦
http://www.dmd-digital.com/temp/Arch.kmz

canā€™t believe I went to monument valley and skipped the arch. stone me

Guh, this section of the forum is making me itch for a little trip to Spain ;D Too bad Iā€™m broke (as usual)! Anyway, I casually stumbled over these two slideshows that compare locations from the Dollar trilogy with how they evolved (or decayed) through time. Probably nothing you havenā€™t seen before, but still pretty cool if you ask me:

Fistful of dollars and For a few dollars more[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMRXC8yluOE]The good, the bad and the ugly[url]Per un pugno di dollari e Per Qualche dollaro in piĆ¹ - YouTube

Sorry in case this has been posted before.

I love this thread. Is that a real cemetery or was it made for the film?

No, it was build for the film.

(Visconti would have used real corpses for the graves ;))