Spaghetti western locations in Almeria

Thanks…

…and yes there definitely is. I’ve seen parts of cities in The States where some Hollywood films were made and seeing spaghetti western locations in person is far more magical. Maybe I’m just biased because I prefer the spaghetti western to American genres…I’m not sure, but I defietely intend to see the vast majority of spag locations in Spain, Italy and America eventually.

Let me know how you get on with the windmills - the only one I know is the restored one in San Jose.

I came across the windmill from run man run online - it is north of boca de los frailes. Looks like just the bottom of the structure remains.

I’ll have a look myself and if I find it I’ll add it to my location list. Thanks for the heads up.

https://www.europeanfilmacademy.org/News-detail.155.0.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=789&cHash=52791f0bd4362cd1843d2b7a3b2b065f

3 Likes

Fantastic news! :grinning:

Nice

Afraid I’m not seeing anything here - just a blank page - I was using google and then firefox

What are we supposed to be seeing ?

I had the same trouble.
Just click on the “Home” link on the left hand side and you’ll see the news item in question.

2 Likes

sorry. link fixed

https://www.europeanfilmacademy.org/News-detail.155.0.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=789&cHash=52791f0bd4362cd1843d2b7a3b2b065f

it is a shitty way to name links tho haha

1 Like

Got there eventually, thanks Phil, and Sebastian :wink:

1 Like

UNESCO commendation next!

1 Like

Hi all, got some photos from my second trip to Almeria to share if anyone’s interested. :slight_smile:

Went up to Guadix this time round.

Run, Man, Run windmill thanks to @IllThinkAboutIt

I couldn’t sleep one night a while ago so I spent hours on Google maps trying to find the horseback duel location from Day of Anger. After all that searching it turned out to be right next to the RMR windmill :rofl:

This is a spot from the final scene of The Big Gundown

Dunas de la Amoladeras

$10,000 Blood Money beach

Llanos del Duque

Cool shot of one of the ramblas

Went deeper into the ramblas this time

Sorry I haven’t been on much lately…I haven’t watched a spag in ages, or many films for that matter, but I’ve recenttly bought some spags I should have seen by now but for one reason or another haven’t, as well as upgraded some DVD’s to new Blu Ray releases. I plan on watching them soon so I’ll be back on a lot more now.

Hope you had a good Christmas and happy new year to you all.

8 Likes

Thanks for posting these - always happy to see pics of Almeria locations. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey again Aldo. We treated this trip as more of a break than the previous we’re we did a lot less sight-seeing and we didn’t get round to seeing the California ending location. If and when covid situation dies down we’ll be going back again though as I still have plenty to see on my list. We’ll definitely get round to seeing it and Tuco hill this time.

1 Like

Keep the photos coming - if I can’t visit then it is good to see more photos.

My book Fistfuls of Dollars in Almeria night help with some of these questions.

2 Likes

To you, too, sir. Greats pics.
My Goodness… I miss visiting these beautiful locations…

Thanks. I miss it a lot too but we should be going back when times aren’t so uncertain so I’m not complaining.

1 Like

Does anybody know where I can buy the book “Almeria in Film: movie walks and routes”?