Spaghetti Western Games

I can’t play first person games so I have to stick to things like the Red Dead games or Gun.

Still enjoy Red Dead every now and again but my friends and I play Bang! quite a bit.

I thought Gun was really great, all around. Good story, good gameplay. Shame there aren’t more titles like this out there. I guess I still have Red Dead Redemption to play whenever I end up getting a cheap console system for all the games I’ve missed over the years.

Its really fun playing western games, riding around the old west and shooting dudes

By the way, just having a look at ebay and if anyone’s a PC gamer, the Call of Juarez original + Bound in Blood are available for $8.80… super cheap

Not western themed, but if anyone likes Diablo styled games, I’ve been playing Torchlight 2 which is what Diablo 3 should have been. Was actually developed by the original Blizzard people that made the original Diablo. The game previews look kinda cheesy but they don’t do it justice, its a really great game and doesn’t come off cheesy at all when actually playing.

One of the character classes allows guns, and I have my character using two pistols and even wearing a cowboy styled hat & gear. Gunslinger based character, roaming around blasting evil monsters :smiley:

There was a newer one that looked more spaghetti-ish called Call of Juarez: Gun Fighter…I meant to get a dvd-rom copy on ebay a couple years ago but never did. Just took a look on ebay today and nothing to be found. I already own COJ 1 & 2.

Yeah, its actually called Gunslinger, mentioned it on the previous page a couple of times.

You can buy it on Steam for download, or cheap on Amazon. Probably will come up on ebay for cheap also if you search Gunslinger

I LOVE Red Dead Redemption and I bought it only a few months after its release, but I’m such a casual gamer I still haven’t “got to Mexico” whatever that means. I love just galloping about, shooting wildlife, stopping here and there for a game of horseshoe tossing or poker or whatnot. I really should get back to the actual game to open up more of the gorgeous map, but I got a bit stuck on a cattle drive - kept losing cows off the edge of a cliff - and I gave up. Not out of frustration, I was just more than happy to arse about doing not much, admiring the scenery. I downloaded Undead Nightmare more-or-less as soon as it came out (it was about then that I bought RDR) and, to this day, I’ve never played it. Never even looked at it. ;D

Gun on the ps2 was one of the few games I HAVE seen all the way through to the end, and it was fantastic.

RDR is a fantastic game and the Undead Nightmare pack adds that much more to it. You should give it a try, they did a great job on it.

Yeah, that story is such a good one, one of my favorite (if not my #1) storylines in a video game!

[quote=“autephex, post:47, topic:264”]Yeah, its actually called Gunslinger, mentioned it on the previous page a couple of times.

You can buy it on Steam for download, or cheap on Amazon. Probably will come up on ebay for cheap also if you search Gunslinger[/quote]

Thanks, autephex…I did a search and found a few sellers from Germany who have copies for sale. I re-installed Bound in Blood but it won’t let me play multiplayer online even though I typed in my perfectly legit serial code :-\ Will be great to experience the singleplayer story again, though! :smiley:

I downloaded a copy of Bound In Blood to try out before buying, since my desktop is too old to play games and my laptop is too new for old games. It won’t load for me on Windows 7, but it may just be the poor graphics card in my laptop.

Not sure if I’ll buy it since I can’t get the downloaded one working, but I think you can do multiplayer with friends online, outside of using their official multiplayer network. Kinda like doing a MP game on a home LAN network.

There’s also an official patch to upgrade Bound In Blood to version 1.1.1.0, which is suppose to fix a lot of multiplayer problems- maybe that will fix your problem with it.

I’ll definitely get Gunslinger at some point, though.

I played and beat RED DEAD REVOLVER and GUN. Both were fun games.

I no longer have a gaming console, though, and I don’t play games (aside from chess) on the PC.

These others sound like fun, though!

I had Red Dead Revolver but barely touched it. Then, one day, my friend and I decided to take some acid (we’d never done it before), and Red Dead Revolver was one of the two games we decided to play, along with Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts. My only real recollection of RDR was of a cutscene inside a train with some old guy demanding, “Watchoo lookin’ at me fo’?” but in my acid-addled head, it sounded like he was doing some sort of Mr.T/Arnold from Diff’rent Strokes mash-up impression, and it was killing me with laughing at it. And then there was a sequence involving trying to stay on top of the train by either jumping over obstacles or ducking under them (I think), and neither my friend or I could do it, not even slightly, and we kept ending up off of the end of the train, laughing our moronic heads off. That’s all I can recollect of Red Dead Revolver. ;D

Heh. That’s a cool memory! :slight_smile:

The last time I took acid I was told I ended up for an hour having a conversation with Eddie from an Iron Maiden poster.

Red Dead Revolver was one of the funnest games I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing on xbox. I beat it once but got stuck when I tried to play it again in the 2nd round higher difficulty thing. The soundtrack is fantastic and it’s all spaghetti or at least from italian films. It is of course third person as opposed to the call of juarez games which are first person. I played Gun a couple times but kept getting stuck at the part where you have to win a horse race. I’m afraid I have no acid stories to tell lol.

I can’t imagine getting very far in Red Dead Revolver loaded up on acid :smiley: I did finish the game fairly quickly. It had good spaghetti music and some good ideas, but I didn’t think it was that great because the controls were not so good and gameplay not the best either. Its followup, Red Dead Redemption, seemed to fix all of that and basically turned it into Grand Theft Stagecoach. Only played it a couple times at a friend’s house though, since I never went beyond PS2.

GUN was far better than Red Dead Revolver, imo. Solid story, much more fun and open gameplay, similar to Red Dead Redemption with the open, free-roaming world where you can basically just do whatever you want.

If anyone has a Wii, Red Steel 2 is shooter with a mix of spaghetti/samurai/sci fi.

GUN was far better than Red Dead Revolver, imo.

I concur.

I remember buying GUN and it had a glitch in the game. I had to take it back to the store for a new copy. But, boy oh boy, was it worth it! Great game.

Now I’m missing my console… :-\

I liked Call Of Juarez, thinking-back… Parts of it were pointlessly hard, but it was generally compelling. I misunderstood the rabbit-hunting quest, so I was riding all over the place for an hour. The eagle-feather quest made up for it.

I kept getting killed by dynamite, rescuing the girl-in-the-hacienda. Plus there was an outlaw-camp where I kept getting shot through bushes after making a right-angle turn around a boulder. And it was hard to get inside the large farmhouse after I killed everybody outside, though it was fun sneaking onto the farm and into the barn. It seemed like the caves were too dark for one of the gunfights, but the mines weren’t bad. The train sequences: satisfying. Those are the things that stand-out about the game, to me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1684041218/bud-spencer-and-terence-hill-slaps-and-beans/

_"The story will take place on different locations to revive atmospheres _
_and quotes (many quotes!) typical of the films. The game levels will be _
distributed in a Miami 80s, a tropical island and a western scenario."

1 Like