Spaghetti Western Games

I recently noticed in the game Boktai, for GBA, the main character’s name is Django. His father’s name is Ringo, and his brother’s name is Sabata.

The game does have kind of a strange western vibe to it. More like Vampire Hunter D than a spaghetti Western. Though the main character, Django, has to drag the Vampire’s coffins out of the castle and into daylight which goes well with the name. I was never able to get too far into the game because of the stupid light sensor thing so I don’t know if there is more homages and stuff in it or not…

I got Bang! from eBay not long ago and we played it for the first time the other day. What a great game! We had a lot of fun with it. It’s a little like a spaghetti-themed Milles Bournes (at least in gaming style). Anybody else play it much? I notice there’s quite a few expansion sets and other rules.

Any other western-themed games you folks enjoy and would recommend?

Hi folks!

Anyone played Call of Juarez? I must say it’s by far the most entertaining western game I’ve played so far. (I also played Gun and Dead Man’s Hand before). This game gives you the real feel of spaghetti westerns. The scenario is amazing as well as some innovations, like gunslinging mode.
http://www.coj-game.com/

Red Dead Revolver happens to be my 2nd favourite video game (My favorite is Star Wars Knights of the old republic).

Making the main character a half breed was a nice touch. The soundtrack was great. I wish the game had real guns though, instead of made up guns like “Inquisitor”.

Looking forward to RDR 2.

Mayby we played two different games, because for me CoJ isn’t spaghetti at all! I was waiting for this game since I first time heard about it (CoJ was made by computer studio from Poland). Man, what a disappointment! This game looks fantastic, but that’s all. We can’t even shoot to dead bodies. This game have two main characters, but Billy sux! This guy is always sneaking and hiding in the shadows. For God’s sake, it’s western, not Splinter Cell or MGS!

I played also Gun, it’s very good, but too simply (only last fight with McGruder is hard to win) and too short. Desperados is a great one, but not everybody likes that kind of games. “Outlaws” have awful graphics, but fantastic score and playability. I’m still waiting for Mmorpg set in spaghetti west :slight_smile:

Anybody here play Dead Man’s Hand? I saw it at blockbuster for 10 dollars but I didn’t get it. I’m satisfied with RDR and Gun.

Red Dead Revolver is awesome, I also own and recommend Dark Watch which is horror spaghettiesque western with a horror version of the good the bad and the ugly theme.

Dead Man’s Hand is pretty good, but not as good as Gun or RDR.
It’s a mission based FPS & has more of a regular western feel rather than spaghetti. It has quite a good soundtrack & the missions are longer than in RDR - if I remember correctly, as it quite a while since I played either.
It’s definitely worth getting IMO.

All this game is missing was original music from spaghettis like RDR.

I know what you mean, i got all the way to the end and tried for hours to beat him but to no avail, i tried all that shooting the things on the floor to blow him up but just kept getting killed.

I have GUN too but once you get the hang of it, beating magruder is easy. My first try took a long long time but I did it. :slight_smile:

My first try took a long long time but I did it.

I did it too, but after many tries. I think I used a bow with TNT to kill him. It was my favorite weapon. Man, I was a true butcher! I killed almost 3.000 people in this game! :smiley:

You are supposed to throw dynamite on those weird looking lava circles when he walks over them. They will blow up.

For me Sunset Riders the 4-player arcade version is the best one (and has the indian stage with indians intact, removed from the SNES version), one of my favorite videogames of all time. And that 2nd boss music is very good:

Easily downloaded with MAME if you don’t wanna spend money on a pcb.

A few of the best bosses (british gunfighter, cowboy with an armored horse, Mexican Vasquez with shield and whip, dynamite twins):

All this talk of computer games reminds me of happy days in Britain in the 1970’s, playing “Boot Hill” in motorway service stations with my brother. Boy, we have come a long way since then! At the time it seemed like it was the height of high tech gaming.

There is a game for iOS called Cowboy Guns.
It even has a SW score, it has a boxy style like the lego games, but it’s a fun game & highly recommended.
I’ve only played the lite version so far.

iOS also has a free western game called Six Guns (it’s by Gameloft), I haven’t tried it out yet.

Just having a look through games available on Steam, and there are a few good looking ones with nice reviews.

If you visit the pages, there are trailers for the gameplay, they all look pretty fun. Fairly low prices too, since they are all a few years old at this point. Steam also has GUN available

Call of Juaraz Gunslinger

Call of Juaraz Bound in Blood

Call of Juaraz

Lead and Gold - has multiplayer and a lot of people compare it to TF2 (we should all get it and play each other online)

Oh, I actually played a demo of CoJ: Gunslinger on my Xbox! It’s really fun, seriously contemplating getting it. It’s much smoother than what I thought!

And no mention of Red Dead Redemption? Did they already get their own thread?

This is a pretty old thread and the rest of the posts are mostly from before it came out. Col says he is looking forward to it in one post.

I never got the chance to play it because I never had a PS3 or XBox yet, but it looked great.

I’m probably going to get Gunslinger sometime in the near future, and maybe the others also.

Bound in Blood actually kinda looks cooler than Gunslinger to me, although its a little older (2009). Only $10 on Steam

It also has online multiplayer whereas Gunslinger is single player only (at least on steam). -edit- just checked and seems like multiplayer is probably dead for this game

I quite like both Call of Juarez Bound in Blood, and Gunslinger, but I think Gunslinger is better. It’s a bit short though, but it’s also cheap so you can’t really complain.

The story side of it, with the hero narrating an obviously largely fictional version of his adventures in the old West, is great fun, and well worth the price. The game-play is a fairly straightforward shooting at stuff, but there’s nothing wrong with that.