Spaghetti Western DVDs From Japan

You’ve got e-mail, amigo

I see what you mean. The problem, for me, is that I’m sure that I don’t have anything that anyone else on this board doesn’t already have. I have nothing to offer when it comes to spaghetti westerns. Even if I did, I still haven’t completely figured out how to copy DVDs on my computer yet…

I have a question regarding these Japanese discs. Does anybody know exactly why they happen to be so expensive? Is it higher overhead due to the economics of japan or higher licensing fees over there or what?

I have legit copies of the two ringo films, no room to die and face to face, as well as a copy of Shanghai Joe.

I think Japanese stuff is just expensive in general.

Maybe, but these prices are exceptional

I’ve asked myself the question repeatedly so I’d sure like to know the reason for this
I know the Japanese protect their own market with high importation fees for foreign products, maybe this is some kind of revenge from our markets

The re-release Japanese ones seem a bit cheaper than the first issues, but still expensive…

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:45, topic:567”]I’ve asked myself the question repeatedly so I’d sure like to know the reason for this
I know the Japanese protect their own market with high importation fees for foreign products, maybe this is some kind of revenge from our markets[/quote]

Perhaps you’re right but I wonder if Japanese people themselves have to pay those outrageous prices or is it just foreigners who bare the brunt?

I am also wondering how successful this company is. I mean, you’re not going to sell alot of discs if you price it so high am I right?

There is a lot of these double features now

https://www.amazon.co.jp/マカロニ・ウェスタン傑作映画DVDコレクション-42号-2017年-19号-分冊百科/dp/B06Y3NFXSY/ref=pd_sim_14_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WKX3EQFD5H0CVKDDE340