Spaghetti Western DVDs From Japan

Full details for all the newly re-mastered Cinefil/Imagica/SPO Entertainment Macaroni Western DVDs are now listed on their respective SWDB wiki film page/dvd sub-page. Also full details of all the releases can be found in one convenient place in the SWDB wiki shopping guide Macaroni Western DVDs (Japan) - The Spaghetti Western Database

Hey, speaking of Japanese SW DVDs, I’m bidding on a few of them on ebay right now. They’re being offered by a seller named bountykiller66. Does anyone know him? Is he a member of this forum? I only ask because I sent him a message asking if the discs he is offering were originals or copies of the SPO discs. He has 100% positive feedback but the listings were a bit vague and didn’t list region-coding. I have an all-region player so this is not an issue but I’d like to know exactly what I’m getting. Any help would be appreciated…

Flynn

Check his feedback and see if he has sold the same disc more than once, that’s a sign your getting a dvdr :slight_smile:

From what you describe it sounds very much like that’s exactly what you’ll be getting so don’t bid too high.

[quote=“flynnparadox, post:22, topic:567”]Hey, speaking of Japanese SW DVDs, I’m bidding on a few of them on ebay right now. They’re being offered by a seller named bountykiller66. Does anyone know him? Is he a member of this forum? I only ask because I sent him a message asking if the discs he is offering were originals or copies of the SPO discs. He has 100% positive feedback but the listings were a bit vague and didn’t list region-coding. I have an all-region player so this is not an issue but I’d like to know exactly what I’m getting. Any help would be appreciated…

Flynn[/quote]
The guy is Japanese, so I reckon he got them out of Japan himself.

Thanks for the responses, guys, I ended up getting a few of them for pretty cheap so no problem…

I hope this guy will be selling some more of those :slight_smile:

He has a lot of spare copies.

I think that’s the guy I have my Mercenario copy from… those are of course bootlegs

Are they at least really good bootlegs?

well the one I have is an exact copy of the japanese dvd. the way I see it, there’s no other good way to get that movie at this point, so I am satisfied.

miho Iizuka bountykiller66@hotmail.com wrote:

these are dvd-rs of high quality. if your looking for originals you can get
them on the web from a few websites if they have stock (they stopped
producing these dvds a long time ago in japan its all old stock). if you
dont want the dvds anymore because of this, no problem i will just refund
your payment, let me know.

How about Macaroni Western Bible 1 for $50?
One went yesterday for this price.

[quote=“djvaso, post:32, topic:567”]How about Macaroni Western Bible 1 for $50?
One went yesterday for this price.[/quote]

Damn cheap. Only problem is that all the movies in that particular set are availble in better versions elsewhere. But those Macaroni Western Bible Sets sure are pretty. Got a couple of them on the shelf.

Thanks. I’m sure they’ll be fine.

yeah I posted that ebay link… I was close to making a bid, but I ordered my cemetery without crosses german dvd today and that cost 40 bucks, too :wink:

Yeah, no way was I going to pay over 40 bucks for what was probably a bootleg of Cemetery Without Crosses (and which, as we now know, WAS a bootleg). I got four others for less than 12 bucks a piece…

Well, I cancelled my 2 orders. I’m not gonna pay that type of money for a dvdr.

I’m not that fond of ebay bootleggers. I urge everyone to trade films with members of this forum if they’re looking for specific film. It’s much better than pay for overpriced dvd-r’s.

Yes, but it’s not so easy to find those japanese DVD and pay reasoable price for them. And to honest i’m not to happy to pay 240$ for “legend of gunmen” box to get “the mercenary” and “navajo joe” :frowning:

I got Navajo Joe and Mercenary dvdr leftovers as I actually finally went out and purchased said box set (not for that money of course though) + got a couple of other bootlegs… Am willing to trade, just let me know.