Spaghetti Western DVDs From Japan

(The Halitosis Kid) #21

Full details for all the newly re-mastered Cinefil/Imagica/SPO Entertainment Macaroni Western DVDs are now listed on their respective SWDB wiki film page/dvd sub-page. Also full details of all the releases can be found in one convenient place in the SWDB wiki shopping guide http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Macaroni_Western_DVDs_(Japan)

(flynnparadox) #22

Hey, speaking of Japanese SW DVDs, I’m bidding on a few of them on ebay right now. They’re being offered by a seller named bountykiller66. Does anyone know him? Is he a member of this forum? I only ask because I sent him a message asking if the discs he is offering were originals or copies of the SPO discs. He has 100% positive feedback but the listings were a bit vague and didn’t list region-coding. I have an all-region player so this is not an issue but I’d like to know exactly what I’m getting. Any help would be appreciated…

Flynn

(Søren) #23

Check his feedback and see if he has sold the same disc more than once, that’s a sign your getting a dvdr :slight_smile:

From what you describe it sounds very much like that’s exactly what you’ll be getting so don’t bid too high.

(Bad Lieutenant) #24

[quote=“flynnparadox, post:22, topic:567”]Hey, speaking of Japanese SW DVDs, I’m bidding on a few of them on ebay right now. They’re being offered by a seller named bountykiller66. Does anyone know him? Is he a member of this forum? I only ask because I sent him a message asking if the discs he is offering were originals or copies of the SPO discs. He has 100% positive feedback but the listings were a bit vague and didn’t list region-coding. I have an all-region player so this is not an issue but I’d like to know exactly what I’m getting. Any help would be appreciated…

Flynn[/quote]
The guy is Japanese, so I reckon he got them out of Japan himself.

(flynnparadox) #25

Thanks for the responses, guys, I ended up getting a few of them for pretty cheap so no problem…

(alk0) #26

I hope this guy will be selling some more of those :slight_smile:

(Bad Lieutenant) #27

He has a lot of spare copies.

(Sebastian) #28

I think that’s the guy I have my Mercenario copy from… those are of course bootlegs

(flynnparadox) #29

Are they at least really good bootlegs?

(Sebastian) #30

well the one I have is an exact copy of the japanese dvd. the way I see it, there’s no other good way to get that movie at this point, so I am satisfied.

(Bad Lieutenant) #31

miho Iizuka bountykiller66@hotmail.com wrote:

these are dvd-rs of high quality. if your looking for originals you can get
them on the web from a few websites if they have stock (they stopped
producing these dvds a long time ago in japan its all old stock). if you
dont want the dvds anymore because of this, no problem i will just refund
your payment, let me know.

(djvaso) #32

How about Macaroni Western Bible 1 for $50?
One went yesterday for this price.

(Søren) #33

[quote=“djvaso, post:32, topic:567”]How about Macaroni Western Bible 1 for $50?
One went yesterday for this price.[/quote]

Damn cheap. Only problem is that all the movies in that particular set are availble in better versions elsewhere. But those Macaroni Western Bible Sets sure are pretty. Got a couple of them on the shelf.

(flynnparadox) #34

Thanks. I’m sure they’ll be fine.

(Sebastian) #35

yeah I posted that ebay link… I was close to making a bid, but I ordered my cemetery without crosses german dvd today and that cost 40 bucks, too :wink:

(flynnparadox) #36

Yeah, no way was I going to pay over 40 bucks for what was probably a bootleg of Cemetery Without Crosses (and which, as we now know, WAS a bootleg). I got four others for less than 12 bucks a piece…

(Bad Lieutenant) #37

Well, I cancelled my 2 orders. I’m not gonna pay that type of money for a dvdr.

(Bill san Antonio) #38

I’m not that fond of ebay bootleggers. I urge everyone to trade films with members of this forum if they’re looking for specific film. It’s much better than pay for overpriced dvd-r’s.

(alk0) #39

Yes, but it’s not so easy to find those japanese DVD and pay reasoable price for them. And to honest i’m not to happy to pay 240$ for “legend of gunmen” box to get “the mercenary” and “navajo joe” :frowning:

(Søren) #40

I got Navajo Joe and Mercenary dvdr leftovers as I actually finally went out and purchased said box set (not for that money of course though) + got a couple of other bootlegs… Am willing to trade, just let me know.