Son of Django / Il figlio di Django (Osvaldo Civirani, 1967)

I was thinking of getting the X-rated dvd but donā€™t really know anything about it

For more info visit:
Database page: Figlio di Django, Il - The Spaghetti Western Database

Give Vengeance is a Colt 45 your rating out of five stars!

0 voters

Son of Django is a OK c-movie, Iā€™ve just rated it 3. It tells a quite straight revenge story.
The X-rated DVDā€™s sound is quite poor and the picture quality isnā€™t much better. I think there are other x-rated or SIMPEL discs that are more enjoyable. Is also hasnā€™t got any bonus stuff, so itā€™s not really worth the money.

I thought this was very entertaining, I wasnā€™t bored at all. Nice extended shoot out near the end and the Django subplot was original.

I remember this being entertaining. A good ā€˜duelā€™ to start things off. Am I confused or does this film contain one of the silliest bits of barroom music?
I too have the x-rated dvd so its a coupla years since a viewing.
As I have a few x-rateds now + the NEW Bullet in the Forehead, Iā€™m getting used to these silly boxes.

Looks like a good movie.

At about the 35 in theres a scene out of nowhere where 2 men and a girl start singing, I think itā€™s a pretty nice song though.

Itā€™s quite goos label and usually they have good bonus stuff, exeps with this noe. I got the 4-DVD SW box, which is superb.

Watched this again last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even the silly bit of impromptu singing in the bar just made me smile this time. Thereā€™s a bit of a nod maybe to Django/Manco as our ā€˜Son ofā€™ ā€¦ Jeff/Tracy (nothing to do with Thunderbirds) has a crushed right hand. Great to see that cackling oaf peon at the beginning of the real Django (whoā€™s whipping dear Loredana) getting a bigger part in this. Checked with Weisser and he gets plenty wrong about this as well - the young boy is not called Clint, but Tracy. Clint is the fellah in the opening shootout. And ā€˜son ofā€™ didnā€™t hide under the bed, and there wasnā€™t even a mother there to be ā€œraped and murderedā€. Arch poser (born with a wry-grin) Guy Madison gets to ponce about in his black robes as a reformed gunslinger turned reverend, in a practice for the later role of Reverendo Colt, (in a role that maybe would have suited Gordon Mitchell better).
Anyway - a good efford and some good spaghetti touches. Easily 3 out of the 5 from me.

Just posted a review of this on my blog site.

I enjoyed the film well enough but it had some flaws which kind of took the edge off it for me. If thereā€™s one thing I hate more than a bar room brawl itā€™s a bar room musical number. Luisa Baratto in Killer Kid is the only saloon girl song segment I can remember which was really pulled off successfully.

Apart from that itā€™s an ok film which passed the time pleasantly enough.

I watch it a couple of days ago. Very poor.

This one received a highlight in my blog:

I saw the movie yesterday. Very average.
But not so bad. I think Gabriele Tinti does a good job.
Also with Guy Madison, Daniele Vargas and Ignazio Spalla some familiar faces.
The Fidani responsible for the set decoration and that was seen. The film has some little cheap.
But itā€™s ok. Routine work without any surprises, some weaknesses.
Nevertheless, I was entertained.

The X-Rated version is rather weak. Probably one of the worst of the label. Nevertheless, one must be happy that a rare film was released. And probably there is no better material.

Nothing Special!!! 1,5 out of 5.

Better than nothing, so at least a little bit special ā€¦

Anyone who has the greek tape and is willing to sell it?

Just watched this. Didnā€™t really enjoy it at all, it has so many flaws. There are much better movies to spend your time with.

A new review just went up on my web site, check it out! Comments always appreciated.

Havenā€™t seen this one, so havenā€™t read the review either, but Iā€™ve just read you Django and Django the Bastard reviews

Nice work, nice blog too. Will be returning to it in the days to come.

You can find my review of Django here:
https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Django_Review_(Scherpschutter)

I havenā€™t reviewed Django the Bastard, but Iā€™ve written extensively on the movie in this essay:

(Take your time reading it)

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the reviews.

I finally got a chance to site down and read your stuff and I really enjoyed the pieces. You know your stuff! Iā€™ve been looking for something that breaks down the relationship of High Plains Drifter & Django the Bastard so your essay came at a good time.

Watched Son of Django in the meantime and dropped a few words on your site, silver_emulsion

The song ā€œThey Call Him Djangoā€ was re-used in the film Django Against Sartana. This is a real catchy tune. :wink: