Shotgun / La vendetta è il mio perdono (Roberto Mauri, 1968)

Database entry: Vendetta è il mio perdono, La - The Spaghetti Western Database

My (Dutch) review at Filmboob incl. Youtube trailer:
https://www.filmboob.nl/filmrecensies/1741/La-vendetta-232-il-mio-perdono.html

I watched this one yesterday and was pleasantly surprised.
Here Django avenges the death of his fiancee, who got brutally slain (as well as her parents). The perpetrators are all going to pay dearly…
A basic and straightforward, but gritty spaghetti western. Of course the watch idea was lifted from For a few dollars more and the revenge plot isn’t original either, but it’s all well executed by Mauri and co. Cinematography by Delli Colli (Django kill) is good too. Solid action is also delivered, as well as some tense scenes; the hanging scene for example is great in my opinion.

Watched version: German vhs ‘Django sein letzter Grüß’ (VEP)

Thanks for this recommendation - this looks like my sort of sw.
I couldn’t understand the review, but I understood the preview clip ;D
It goes to the top of the ‘to watch’ pile!

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:2, topic:1282”]Thanks for this recommendation - this looks like my sort of sw.
I couldn’t understand the review, but I understood the preview clip ;D
It goes to the top of the ‘to watch’ pile![/quote]

A translation, wit some info added, will be up soon, Rev

Tab Hunter is effective, and like him in a film called Sweet Kill directed by Curtis Hanson in the early 70’s where he plays a man with a few problems shall we say.

Cheers, I’ll add my bit when I’ve watched it (which’ll be soon).

For a shot a the gun, try:

http://imageshack.us

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Shotgun_(La_Vendetta_è_mio_perdono)_Review

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:6, topic:1282”]For a shot a the gun, try:

http://imageshack.us

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Shotgun_(La_Vendetta_è_mio_perdono)_Review[/quote]
Nice! Great work.

I dont understand,too,why the reviews for this movie are so bad.Its a simple revenge story,hard and fast.Surely much better than the rest of Mauris ‘low budgets’.3 stars for it,a little bit better than average.
There is another german video release from ‘Cjamango’ (german title : Django - Kreuze im blutigen Sand) and on this cover the hanging scene from ‘Shotgun’ is shown.
Its made from 2 difference movies - the top is Richard Harrison in ‘Vengeance’.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

“Have just seen ‘Shotgun’. I must say this one is really cheesy but not as bad as ‘Mallory …’ or ‘Sei bounty killers per una strage’ which I forgot to mention in this context !!! I like the score of ‘Shotgun’ though !!!”

That’s what I wrote about the movie around two years ago in the ‘Trash-Western’ section. Since I’ve seen ‘Seven Devils on horseback’ and the other movies mentioned in this section, I don’t consider ‘Shotgun’ to be trashy anymore. Still it’s low budget and in parts cheesy but quite entertaining !

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Where is the “trash western” section?

[quote=“YourPallbearer, post:11, topic:1282”]Where is the “trash western” section?[/quote]https://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,308.0.html

Whoa! Speedy response! :slight_smile:
Thanks!

Well - i’ve watched it thru now and i highly rate this film. It’s got the same sort of moodiness that I got from Vengeance for Vengeance, altho’ the story is a bit more like DRAH (but not quite as good). It’s a ‘one after another’ revenge for a murdered family plot (again) - but it’s well done, and it’s his sweetheart’s family.
It’s got the lot really - low budget, fisticuffs, illogical decisions, a musical pocket-watch and the worst bit of singing from Erica Blank :stuck_out_tongue: that I’ve heard yet in a sw. (Mind you, I recall some dreadful song in Son Of Django if my cider-addled memory serves me correct.)
There’s some great revenge, but maybe not enough made of torture when the main man is captured (they could’ve got EB to sing again) - actually, now I remember he starts a fight over a card game once just to shut her up! It really is tuneless and worth the price of admission alone.
And, other than the singing, it’s not played for laughs - 'scepting one bit where the Piero Lulli character devises a game whereby 3 semi-naked women hide behind a back-lit screen and have to be guessed by their legs and arses that they reveal, and by their shadowed breasts - it’s all very childish … Brother Romaine’ll love it!!
Recommended - I was maybe feeling a bit generous … cos I’ve given it a four (but it did the sw job for me today … and that’ll do! ;D)

I may watch it tonight !

I’m sure you took no offence Brother - I loved it! Total sw silliness … and with breasts - fantastic!
Get it watched amigo.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:16, topic:1282”]I’m sure you took no offence Brother - I loved it! Total sw silliness … and with breasts - fantastic!
Get it watched amigo.[/quote]

With breasts? I haven’t seen any of those for a while. I better watch this tonight.
Offense? Of course not. You know your audience!

How do you spell silhouette…silouette…sillouette…?
Anyway - they’re backlit - black on white.
Don’t get yer hopes up.
Strangely (with anatomy involved), this is possibly the worst bit of the film, jarring as it does with the grittiness of the rest - but obviously it has to be watched and ‘suffered’ … just for ‘completeness’
… of course ;D.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:18, topic:1282”]How do you spell silhouette…silouette…sillouette…?
Anyway - they’re backlit - black on white.
Don’t get yer hopes up.
Strangely (with anatomy involved), this is possibly the worst bit of the film, jarring as it does with the grittiness of the rest - but obviously it has to be watched and ‘suffered’ … just for ‘completeness’
… of course ;D.[/quote]

I can’t help but get my “hopes” up when I think of breasts.
Don’t tell Chelo (or Sparky) I’m cheating tonight. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:19, topic:1282”]I can’t help but get my “hopes” up when I think of breasts.
Don’t tell Chelo (or Sparky) I’m cheating tonight. :)[/quote]
We’re in serious need of ‘breasts appreciation thread’.