Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead / Prega il morto e ammazza il vivo (Giuseppe Vari, 1971)

Did someone say Shoot the Living??

Iā€¦ kinda like this film? I give it 4 Kinskis out of 5.

7 Likes

That gif is rather mesmerising ā€¦ is Kinski calling to us from beyond the grave? ā€˜ā€˜Kill Dean for taking the pissā€™ā€™ :wink:

5 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m typing this from Hellā€¦
Before succeeding in his onslaught of die hard fans, Kinksi promised me I could have my own cinema down here, so I could continue my 24/7 marathon of this slice of celluloid perfection. I ainā€™t complaining :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Seen this a few times, with Benito Stefanelli too, but if there is something in the credits ā€œmaestro dā€™armiā€ then doesnā€™t that mean this fella was also the master of prop guns in the set, this is not a characterā€™s name. Or am I completely wrong here

Nope ā€¦ you were right the first time :wink: He was an actor/stuntman/master of arms

so they just saved some space and credited him for a small role and his craftsman job at the same time? I think we have this wrong in a few places in the SWDb and needs to be corrected, lest someone wonders which character the maestro dā€™armi is :slight_smile:

Goffredo Unger [as Freddy Unger] (Frank Skelton, maestro dā€™armi)

His character is Frank Shelton, Unger is credited as maestro dā€™armi (stunt director in English). If itā€™s confusing we can do something else. My thought was these are Italian films and should know what maestro dā€™armi is :slight_smile: We can do something like: Goffredo Unger [as Freddy Unger, maestro dā€™armi] (Frank Skelton) or move the role to uncredited and do the credit in crew section?

I just dont think the maestro dā€™armi credit should be inside the cast list, heā€™d have a separate crew credit for stunt director then as well, else itā€™s confusing

2 Likes

Five years laterā€¦ very similar feelings. It doesnā€™t blow me away and it will never become a favourite. It is unnecessarily long for what it is. I think we could lose at least 15 minutes since some parts get a bit boring but it isnā€™t really such a bad one. I donā€™t love it and I donā€™t hate it. I actually do kinda like it! It has some really nice music but what the heck were they thinking with jingle bells?

1 Like

I donā€™t want to make you jealous @Dean but I have a stunning pan & scan VHS release of this one.

2 Likes

Says PG on the sleeve, 15 on the tape. Probably got a 15 after they got to the jingle bells part.

4 Likes

Excellent meme

Or maybe it should be like this:

from Imgflip Meme Generator

4 Likes

5 Likes

It really is just as well they donā€™t know our true inner thoughts isnā€™t it. Weā€™re pathetic enough without that added ignominy :laughing:

1 Like

2 Likes

ha ha, great, this is all really funny ā€¦