Shoot, Gringo … Shoot! / The Longest Hunt / Spara, gringo, spara (Bruno Corbucci, 1968)

I have voted. My rating 4 / 10

To me the film to light-hearted. He offers a lot of fun.
But this is not my style.
I love the dark spaghetti Western.
SPARA, Gringo, SPARA drifts into too much bad comedy.

[quote=“The Stranger, post:61, topic:912”]I have voted. My rating 4 / 10

To me the film to light-hearted. He offers a lot of fun.
But this is not my style.
I love the dark spaghetti Western.
SPARA, Gringo, SPARA drifts into too much bad comedy.[/quote]

Does it? I don’t remember this one being too funny…

I also think this a is a dark one. The few lightweight moments are contrasted with the cynical violence of the killings.

The duck swings it to less than dark for me.

You swing it to less dark my friend! I’ve seen your avatar today!

As dark, I would not describe the movie. OK, he’s not a comedy. More of a buddy movie.

But I give him another chance. Maybe I find the dark moments. :wink:

[quote=“The Stranger, post:66, topic:912”]As dark, I would not describe the movie. OK, he’s not a comedy. More of a buddy movie.

But I give him another chance. Maybe I find the dark moments. ;)[/quote]

My memory seems to be quite dim… a buddy movie?

When we speak of the same film, Dillinger? OK, maybe my memory is bad. In a way, Hunter and the hunted become a team. Buddy Movie, or something similar.

But as I said, I watch the movie again, before I say what wrong.

Buddy movie is ok for this film.
But I think it has a fair enough share of mean scenes to call it dark.

[quote=“Stanton, post:69, topic:912”]Buddy movie is ok for this film.
But I think it has a fair enough share of mean scenes to call it dark.[/quote]

OKIDOKI! I said, I maybe dont recall everythin :wink:

as many other people say about this film, it is very average. it is slow moving and cannot make up it’s mind whether it is light hearted or serious and settles for in the middle which is an uncomfortable choice. not one of the best of the genre although it does pick up a little towards the end. Brian Kelly as the hero of the piece is ok. fair and ordinary 5/10

Alright, it isn’t one of the best SW but it isn’t an average one neither. I didn’t find it any slow moving at all. In fact, when I watched it I liked very much its suspense. It is a serious film and although the little comedy scenes might spoil it, it has many strong points. The acting of Brian Kelly and Fabrizio Moroni was good and the relationship between the two is an iteresting theme. The music is great. One of the best soundtracks of the genre. And I liked the quick change of sceneries desert and green valleys. The ending wasn’t just good. It was great. It is a film worth about 7/10. I recomend it to fans of the genre.

good soundtrack

:slight_smile: i haven’t seen the movie yet

i found this movie partly entertaining and partly boring
scene with a watermelon (or what was it) was funny,
i didn´t mind this combination of comedy and seriousness, but there was quite a lack of inspired moments
i didn´t like the end, action scenes spoiled it imo, they were poorly directed without some refreshing ideas

Pretty damn good film. I believe it would be better known if there were more famous sw stars in the main roles, Kelly and Moroni are very good in the lead though. It’s too bad Bruno Corbucci was so fond with the comedy, Keenan Wynn’s group doesn’t have much to do other than being comedy relief which doesn’t suit the otherwise grim film. My favorite part is the desert scene, very beautifully filmed and acted.

My rating: 7/10

I never liked this one, I don’t know if it’s because of Brian Kelly or the film itself. Clumsy and boring.5/10

Man, alot of differing opinions on this one. Definitely one of my favorites and really liked Brian Kelly in this. Agree with Bill San Antonio, the desert scene was a good one.

Finally watched this one; not bad, not great.

[size=12pt][url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Shoot,_Gringo,_Shoot!_Review_(Scherpschutter)[/url][/size]

I re-watched Spara, Gringo, Spara last year, and I liked it a bit less than I remembered it. The middle part is a bit un-focused and too episodic. And the lighter parts are really aiming a bit too much in the comedy direction.

I still give it a 6/10, but it won’t make my top 50 anymore.

[quote=“Stanton, post:79, topic:912”]I re-watched Spara, Gringo, Spara last year, and I liked it a bit less than I remembered it. The middle part is a bit un-focused and too episodic. And the lighter parts are really aiming a bit too much in the comedy direction.

I still give it a 6/10, but it won’t make my top 50 anymore.[/quote]

One of those spaghs that aren’t too bad, but make you wonder why they aren’t a lot better; it all seems to be there.