Shoot, Gringo … Shoot! / The Longest Hunt / Spara, gringo, spara (Bruno Corbucci, 1968)

I know we are straying way off topic here but I couldn’t let all this talk of kids shows with animals go by without mentioning my all time favourite which was a Canadian show called The Forest Rangers.

A bunch of kids with names like Chub and Pete, riding horses, living in a wooden fort in a place called Indian River with a cool dog the size of a small family home. (I’d like to see Bad Lt try and kick that puppy)

I just wanted to up sticks and move to Canada.

I had another double when I got a little older (16-18) :

A character called Duffy from another TV series, PLEASE SIR !

(Can’t find a good portrait of Duffy on You Tube, but I’ll keep looking)

That’s the way I felt after the last Presidential election. Now I’m WAY off topic. I’ll be quiet now.

It is funny, though, how some of the best lines, funniest exchanges happen buried, off topic, in some unrelated thread…

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:22, topic:912”]I had another double when I got a little older (16-18) :

A character called Duffy from another TV series, PLEASE SIR !

(Can’t find a good portrait of Duffy on You Tube, but I’ll keep looking)[/quote]

They’d never let anybody that looked like me onto televison.

Excellent acting by the duck in this one.

I never pictured you as such a bad boy Scherp!

I still can’t find a good photo or scene, but you’ll find him here:

http://www.televisionheaven.co.uk/pleasesir.htm

Actually, my knickname was ‘Duffy’ for quite a while
I likes the character in the series, but I didn’t like to be called ‘Duffy’
‘Duf’ means something like ‘boring’, ‘dull’ or ‘stupid’ in Dutch

My God, I sure would like to watch that series again!

Edit: Yes phil, that was me, 100 years ago!

Oh my god, I forgot about the duck. Yeah, one of the weirder aspects of this movie (and Keenan Wynn’s performance). Although it does fit well with the off-topic discussion of “animal sidekicks”!

… but spara gringo spara is also known as Rainbow
so we could bring Zippy and Bungle into the mix! :wink:
(and that fat cunt bear - but I can’t remember his name! ???)

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

I haven’t seen the film, but talking about a duck, I always think of Groucho:

Duck behind the bench!
(There’s no duck behind this bench!)

I shot an elephant in my pyjamas
(How he got in my pyjamas, I will never know)

I guess you don’t know what a radius is?

[quote=“Phil H, post:26, topic:912”]

I never pictured you as such a bad boy Scherp![/quote]

If you don’t like my face:

Shoot, Gringo, shoot!

And we’ll be back on topic

That’s describes a lot of people I know…can you be more specific?

Bollocks to that! Anyway - just realised Bungle was the bear - George was the twat of a hippo …

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Have not been able to find one.
I am a grumpy old man…everything seems to annoy me…I am just glad that I am not my wife…how does she put up with me?
I even get pissed at myself for being so negative…perhaps I need help…oh to hell with it, I am going to find a puppy.

[quote=“Tigero, post:33, topic:912”]Have not been able to find one.
I am a grumpy old man…everything seems to annoy me…I am just glad that I am not my wife…how does she put up with me?
I even get pissed at myself for being so negative…perhaps I need help…oh to hell with it, I am going to find a puppy.[/quote]

You don’t look so grumpy in your avatar. Maybe you just go done kickin’ a puppy when you had your photo taken. Heehhee.

[quote=“Phil H, post:21, topic:912”]I know we are straying way off topic here but I couldn’t let all this talk of kids shows with animals go by without mentioning my all time favourite which was a Canadian show called The Forest Rangers.

A bunch of kids with names like Chub and Pete, riding horses, living in a wooden fort in a place called Indian River with a cool dog the size of a small family home. (I’d like to see Bad Lt try and kick that puppy)

I just wanted to up sticks and move to Canada.[/quote]

It’s paradise, Phil! It’s never too late to move…

[quote=“Pacificador, post:35, topic:912”]It’s paradise, Phil! It’s never too late to move…

[/quote]

7 males and 1 dog to each female (and that an underage one…no women)…I am not so convinced.

[quote=“Pacificador, post:35, topic:912”]It’s paradise, Phil! It’s never too late to move…

[/quote]

Don’t tempt me. I’ve lived overseas quite a bit in my life and am actually very happy back in Blighty now. But if I ever moved again Canada would be the place. Beautiful country populated by the friendliest people on the planet.
And if that wooden fort is still empty down at Indian River…

Watched this again this morning.
It’s a pretty reasonable, middle of the road kind of film that is entertaining enough without really impressing. I do like the music though. Very nice theme. And of course the duck. I wonder what drug the scrptwriter was on when he came up with that idea?

I have been thinking about buying this one. Is it worth it?

I belong to the guys who say: yes, buy it!