Seven Guns for the MacGregors / 7 pistole per i MacGregor (Franco Giraldi, 1966)

Yes, at the beginning of movie if memory serves Italian dvd was the same.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that!

So, they kept the out of sync dub used on the DVD ? … wow! - Whatever happened to quality control ?

2 Likes

It’s very questionable to say at least. My Warner Bros Blu-Ray of The Searchers has out of sync audio through out the whole movie!

I have that Blu Ray and there was no problem with the audio - mine is the UK edition.

There was a huge batch of discs that went out that was faulty, not all of them.

1 Like

I watched the German Blu Ray in Italian with English subtitles so wasn’t bothered about problems with the English synch.

Bit shocked by how minor Sancho’s role was and he was second billed too. Initially I thought he was the chief bad guy and Leo Anchovez was just giving orders on his behalf. I wondered if they tried to get him but he was only partly available and so they cast him anyway for the time he had. In some scenes (eg the introduction scene) he seemed to be only in cutaways and not the master shots. I also got confused as to why they executed Crawford for stealing the horses; we never did see who stole the horses (or see the horses get stolen) although they were all back in the family corral at the end. Maybe that bit was cut.

To me it was definitely a comedy western with lots of sight gags amongst the violence. Huge body count and many fisticuffs but practically no blood.

1 Like

Seven Guns for the MacGregors I watched last night. Without ever going full slapstick or wacky the opening part is light hearted with the ladies, tne old timers and the cannon. Many of MacGregor brothers however have no purpose other than being part of the group. Crawford appears as the initial villian which is short lived as Santillana and crew are introduced. Fight scene and train scene some highlights here and some shootouts. The first hour of the movie is all so straightforward for the brothers plot wise until things go awry and then the last thirty minutes we have violence and threat, then more light humour at the end. Some good action scenes and events.
Probably would watch the sequel.
2.5 stars here.

2 Likes