Sergio Sollima

Too short to be perfect

It’s About Quality, Not Quantity :wink:

la resa de conti forever!

I voted Face to Face; it’s one of my favourite spaghetti westerns. I’m thinking of the full version, and probably the fact that there are different versions will skew the results of a poll like this. However, it’s pretty close for me, as I do love The Big Gundown a great deal.

My favorite is CORRI UOMO CORRI. Basically because I love Mexico :slight_smile:
One of my favorite soundtracks. Great look / cinematography too.

But they are all great. LA RESA is a classic. One of the first and
next to Leone’s and Corbucci’s (and Quien Sabe and Sei Sei Vivo, Spara)
earlier films most influential entries in the genre.

FACCIA A FACCIA is superb too. Not the wig of Milian unfortunately.
Some flaws here and there. But any film with Volonte is great in a way :slight_smile:

Yes, I am not alone!

hi Novecento remember me? btw run man run is my fav solima western so u and siegel
are not alone!!!

So we are a “triumvirate”!

Good to hear form you again “django live”. Not around much around on the board myself any more these days.

i loved ‘la resa de conti’ a lot i found his other two very boring and almoust unwatchble about 97%

Sergio Sollima was very good director, but he’s unfortunately a bit overlooked, as Corbucci and Leone were more famous directors…
My favorite Sollima’s spaghetti western was doubtless “La resa dei conti” (1966)…

New Spanish book about Sollima

I wonder what happened to Vincent Jourdan’s long-announced monograph on Sergio Sollima’s films. The project seems to have vanished into thin air.

1 Like

good question, I just went ahead and sent him a message on FB. Update: book is finished but held up for different reasons. I have asked to be kept in the loop, I hope it reaches bookshelves at some point soon. But my French is rusty so I will have to wait for a translation

1 Like