Sergio Leone poll

I’ve got a tape of ‘The last days of Pompeji’ made 1959 and not watched it till today :-\

I must have been mistaken :smiley:

[ul][li]Favorite: GBU[/li]
[li]Least: OUATIA[/li]
[li]Underated: Duck, You Sucker[/li]
[li]Overated: FaFDM[/li][/ul]

not including his non-westerns and co-directed films.

• Favorite: OUATIW
  • Least: Fistful
  • Underated: Duck, You Sucker
  • Overated: GBU

Favorite: FAFDM
Least: Duck You Sucker
Underrated: My Name is Nobody (Fistful if you con’t consider nobody to be a leone film)
Overrated: Duck you sucker

Yeah, it was only a directing job, done as a favour for a friend of the family.

The astonishing aspect is however that there’s almost nothing to see which could be called interesting, well made or stylish. There is absolutely no Leone in Pompeji.

I will rewatch Rhodos soon, but in my memory it’s not that much better. At least not enough to make me happy. The second least Leone.

No match for the peplums by Cottafavi or Corbucci.

I’m afraid, no.

But things like that always change, maybe another day, it wold be another one…

Yep,it often depends on the current mood.

Most of the time,when the Leone western are listed,‘Duck you sucker’ be the last.

Then you and Ennio named it as the first in quick succession,that was really suitable :wink:

By the way,i dislike to list the western of Sergio Leone,because they are another league anyway.

Personally I put the whole “Once Upon a Time” trilogy" above the “Dollars” Trilogy.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I actually think I prefer “Duck You Sucker” to GBU.

Did you used to prefer GBU then over Duck You Sucker ?

Well I saw GBU long before DYS.

I hadn’t really thought much about it until now but I guess my order of preference would be:

1. OUATITW
  2. OUATIA
  3. DYS
  4. GBU
  5. FFDM
  6. FOD

Removing OUTIA would also give you my top 5 SWs.

I find DYS the most underrated and don’t think any are overrated cos they’re all simply awesome pieces of cinematic magic.

After counting up all your votes here are you favourite (and not so favourite!) Leone films!

Your Favourite Leone Film is: “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”, with five votes.

Your Least Favourite Leone Film is: “A Fistful of Dollars” and “Duck You Sucker”, both with three votes.

The Most Underrated Leone Film is: “Duck You Sucker”, with seven votes.

The Most Overrated Leone Film is: “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”, “For a Few Dollars More”, “Duck You Sucker” and “Once Upon a Time in the West”, all with two votes each.

I think we would get a better image if you used a system similar to the TOP20 voting.

What’s that system?

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,190.0.html

Thanks! I’ll have to use that system!

Favourite: For a Few Dollars More.
Least favourite : Duck you Sucker
Most underrated : For a Few Dollars More
Most overrated: Once Upon a Time in the West (followed by TGTBTU)

Edit: I guess to make my post more interesting, I’ll state that I totally hate “Duck you Sucker.” “Once Upon a Time in the West” is rather boring in my opinion and it’s too much of a “movie” than the type of SWs I mostly enjoy (haha, if you know what I mean.)

Favorite: Once Upon a Time in the West
Least: Once Upon a Time in America
Underated: Duck, You Sucker
Overated: Not sure

That’s pretty hard for me. Why do you hate it then?

Duck You Sucker is too light-hearted and fun if you ask me. I don’t particularly like the soundtrack either (especially coming from a fan of Morricone’s work in all genres.) I think the best things about are the closeups of the people eating… that’s about it.