Sequels that you wish never happened

I thought Godfather 2 was ok…Nowhere near as good as part 1. Part 3 was garbage. I agree about Indiana Jones 100% (I was keeping my opinion to myself since so many people apparently like part 2 & 3) But I didnt like any of the sequels.

See, I had remembered it that way too, but on a recent re-watching, the movie struck me as a haphazardly planned mosaic of bad scenes with an occasional positive note. Particularly egregious were the sex scene with Madeleine Stowe where Gittes turns into an awkward BDSM master, and the character of Gittes’ fiancee, who was an obviously dropped subplot. I liked the aspect of the (spoiler alert, I guess) villain who was not really a villain, and the ending, but everything else was just so…haphazard and weird. The cinematography made it look like a made-for-Showtime movie too.

Here’s a sample, the least-erotic semi-sex scene in the history of film, a scene which has no narrative importance in the movie at all:

I’ll second the opinion on the last Indiana Jones movie. I’ve never been as disappointed leaving a theater as I was the day I saw that stinker.

C’mon Ennioo, don’t hate on Vince. I’m pretty sure annoying was what they wer going for with his character

You just might be

The sequel of the Blue Brothers was hopeless and destroyed the magic of the first one (and only) Blues brothers film, Speed 2 AARGHHH. Ocean Elven was a cool film the others not so, The last Indiana Jones what a myth destroyer even I could have done it better, never saw the second Blair Witch film but from waht I’ve read but Ok never saw it. The sting II came on replacing Paul Newman and Redford, Staying Alive (or dead more like it) but I even didn’t like the first one much, Basic Instinct II AARGGHHH

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier ;D

[quote=“Cat Stevens, post:22, topic:2663”]See, I had remembered it that way too, but on a recent re-watching, the movie struck me as a haphazardly planned mosaic of bad scenes with an occasional positive note. Particularly egregious were the sex scene with Madeleine Stowe where Gittes turns into an awkward BDSM master, and the character of Gittes’ fiancee, who was an obviously dropped subplot. I liked the aspect of the (spoiler alert, I guess) villain who was not really a villain, and the ending, but everything else was just so…haphazard and weird. The cinematography made it look like a made-for-Showtime movie too.

Here’s a sample, the least-erotic semi-sex scene in the history of film, a scene which has no narrative importance in the movie at all:

Maybe. In fact I don’t remember anything of it, not even that Stowe was in it. And at least that I should have remembered.

But the scene is not that bad. Not that good either.

All the Psycho sequels.

Yes, you are.

I find it sad that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is getting so much hate; I had a really good time watching it in the cinema. It is nowhere near as bad as some sequels which definatly shouldn’t have been made, like Ghostbusters 2.

Die Hard 4… not even an R rating what the fuck.

Yeah it was a P.O.S!

aaaa sorry phil then…

any of the Howling sequels. they are truly shit especially the 2nd & 3. THE 6th one is the best of a bad bunch but all tarnish the good original.
The Hidden 2. the first is a great action sci-fic movie. this " Sequel" destroys the original and is one of the biggest pieces of crap i’ve ever seen.
the hills have eyes 2 ( original) crap
all the hellraiser sequels
beyond the posiedon adventure
all the stepfather sequels. they all tell the same story which was told very well and ended satisfactorarly in the first.
any of the trinity spaghettis because the first one shouldn’t have been made eithier! >:(

http://img834.imageshack.us/i/obamayeswecan2.jpg/

Both The Ring Two and Ringu 2 were awful.

[quote=“Stanton, post:26, topic:2663”]Maybe. In fact I don’t remember anything of it, not even that Stowe was in it. And at least that I should have remembered.

But the scene is not that bad. Not that good either.[/quote]

I’ve thought about it, and it’s probably important to disclose that, a week before watching Two Jakes, I watched a nice print of Chinatown on a big screen in a classic old theater.

I never thought Aliens was great, having said that I never watched the first Alien movie.

Which you should, as it is bloody brilliant.

Yeah I thought Alien was better than Aliens, even though it rips off Mario Bava in the worst way.

Much prefer Aliens to Alien as more exciting for me.

I dont think either of the first 2 Alien movies belong in the same thread with some of the crap movies were talking about here! (then again Sherp threw Godfather 2 into the debate) :slight_smile: I recall all of the Jaws sequels being pretty bad…