Saddest scenes from the genre (spoilers)

SILENZIO’s death.

The dead sons in the cave (GIU LA TESTA).

Both highlighted by Morricone at his best.

1 Like

[quote=“natos99, post:39, topic:2355”]Jonathan & The Bears when his bear dies… but its not that sad because you know hes gona kick some ass…

Too bad this movie wasnt beter :frowning: franco saved it of course but should of been better…[/quote]

I really have to watch this again, I don’t even remember the bear dying. I thought the bear was shot and franco healed it or something.

The scene that has most moved me was the scene in Sergio Leone’s The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) where the POW’s sing that song while Tuco is beaten up.

1 Like

I may have to watch it again myself, it started off really good & got boring through the middle so I was sort of on the computer & watching it at the same time :-X

I hate my generation :frowning:

I suffer the same fate.

wild bunch masacre

the flashbacks in dead man ride

it’s not sad it’s brutal!

1 Like

I agrre. Bruno Nikolai’s music also adds to these scenes.

brutal it may be, but when watching this brutality you can’t help feeling sorry not only for the characters in the film, but also for the events that inspired this film.

1 Like

The italian version of a minute to pray, a second to die has one of the saddest endings

‘Samurai Rebellion’ is a good film, and Nakadai Tatsuya makes an appearance.

Agreed! It is uncomfortable to think of POWs singing that song when actual POWs were getting beat up by the guards. Infact POWs suffered a lot in the US Civil War as well as in WWII and Vietnam (and I must remind people that it happened on both sides, to the often demonized Vietnamese too).

1 Like

For me in “Garringo”…

Peter Lee gives his beloved a small cow, two young lovers. And shortly afterwards he is killed by his own people. Yes he has not treated well, but just as he had for his love might be decent …
I could cry … :’(

1 Like

Those scenes were based on real events?

I don’t think so

I think Cheyenne’s death in OUTITW is one of the saddest scene i can think of.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s a scene which gives me really a feeling of loss.

A few scenes from Coward’s don’t Pray,
The Opening, the death of Miali, As Garko shoots his new Girlfriend, Garkos death…
A very sad film… But I love it !

There are so many but here’s a few that come to mind

Garringo: Ending. It’s the “Thank you, Garringo” coming from the sheriff for me. He knew that Johnny had to be stopped but couldn’t do it himself because Johnny was his son. Also the fact that Johnny was killed by his own friends (they were bad people but still, it’s sad)

OUATITW: McBain family massacre and Jill arriving to the house. Also the flashback

Seven Dollars on the Red: The death of the girl killed by the outlaw and the ending of the film. Johnny Ashley is definitely one of the most tragic characters of the genre. Poor chap deserved so much better :frowning:

The Unholy Four: Deaths of Woody and Silver — best friends facing death together and knowing their time has come

3 Likes