Saddest scenes from the genre (spoilers)

But a good kid.

pat on the back

$10,000 FOR A MASSACRE and Garko’s emoitional scene when he finds Nusciak murdered by Camasso during the stagecoach hold-up is my favorite.

The opening credit sequence in 'FOR A SKY FULL OF STARS FOR A ROOF" needs no words as Alessandroni whistling and Gemma’s expressions are all that’s needed to tell the story of the stagecoach massacre.

The funeral scene at Sweetwater of the McBain family in ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST is excellent.

1 Like

See, I told you I was abnormal ;).

Your parents are abnormal if they let their 12 year old ‘stick to vodka’ as you put it ;D

Vodka at the age of 12? Dude, you’ll need a new kidney in 10 years.

I seriously hope no one believed the vodka story!

Like they say, everybody got a vodka story.

I am shocked that it is not true :stuck_out_tongue: .

Absolutely.

One of the greatest openings ever

1 Like

The scene in Johnny West in which Mimmo Palmara’s faithful doggy is killed. :’(

When James Coburn dies in DYS, that’s pretty sad.

I think some very sad scenes are (beware of SPOILERS):

Keoma - This has a few but one of the most sad is the scene in which Keoma’s father (Wilhelm Berger) is murdered. Another is when Keoma is dragged through the town and crucified.

The Great Silence - Another sad film. Some of the saddest parts are the flashback and the scene in which Sentence (Jean-Louis Trintignan) and co. are killed by Loco (Klaus Kinski).

Duck You Sucker - Most of it! The saddest in when Juan’s (Rod Steiger) family are killed, or the ending, or John/Sean’s (James Coburn) flashback to him killing his friend.

Once Upon A Time In The West - The killing of Harmonica’s (Charles Bronson) brother may be the saddest.

1 Like

I’ll agree on OUaTitW & the Great Silence, but that scene in Keoma always makes me laugh just for being lovably cheesy & over the top. Especially when Keoma leaps in the air, kicking back the guys who are holding him, & runs in slo-mo towards his father’s killers, accompanied by some very silly lyrics on the soundtrack.

I can’t feel sorry for Juan when his family is massacred in DYS, since the death of one of his sons earlier in the film (at the first encounter with Sean) is shrugged off with a stupid comment (“he was good for nothing anyway” or some such). I think this inconsistency between Trinity-style comedy & tragedy lets DYS down.

San[quote=“Sanjuro, post:35, topic:2355”]I’ll agree on OUaTitW & the Great Silence, but that scene in Keoma always makes me laugh just for being lovably cheesy & over the top. Especially when Keoma leaps in the air, kicking back the guys who are holding him, & runs in slo-mo towards his father’s killers, accompanied by some very silly lyrics on the soundtrack.[/quote]

I was thinking more before Keoma jumps in the air et cetera (when it has the flashback and then Berger being shot) not that I find it cheesey. Different strokes for different folks though I guess.

I can't feel sorry for Juan when his family is massacred in DYS, since the death of one of his sons earlier in the film (at the first encounter with Sean) is shrugged off with a stupid comment ("he was good for nothing anyway" or some such). I think this inconsistency between Trinity-style comedy & tragedy lets DYS down.

I don’t remember the earlier comment (which is odd as I have watched ‘Duck You Sucker’ many times). I do find it annoying though now…

I like the screen-name by the way (Mifune Toshiro is one of my favourite actors and ‘Sanjuro’ is probably his signature character, though I like his character Isaburo Sasahara from Kobayashi’s ‘Samurai Rebellion’).

I haven’t seen ‘Samurai Rebellion’ yet, although I’ve had it in my collection for a while now. Recently watched ‘Samurai Assassin’ and ‘The Sword of Doom’, both great.

The death of Jerry at the end of Seven Dollars on the Red. I felt very badly for Johnny. :’(

1 Like

Jonathan & The Bears when his bear dies… but its not that sad because you know hes gona kick some ass…

Too bad this movie wasnt beter :frowning: franco saved it of course but should of been better…

When Luke Askew blows his son’s brains out in Night of th Serpent. So subtle yet so effective :’(