Sad Hill Unearthed

Yes, the Cortijo del Fraile is next :slight_smile:

Agreed, imagine the tourist potential of fixing up this site, add a few road signs and a bit of marketing.

Now on Netflix Germany as well, with Spanish, German, French, English and Turkish subtitles. Presumably live in other territories as well, please report back! I read tweets about the UK, France, possibly also Austria, Turkeyā€¦ most likely rolling out worldwide (except Japan).

1 Like

@guillermo I am blown away. It is absolutely fantastic! I had tears in my eyes watching it. Well done, sir!

sadhill2

4 Likes

I signed up for a free month of Netflix just to see this. Loved it!

4 Likes

Just watched this on Netflix with my youngest.
Really well made. tells the story in a compelling way and conveys the passion this group felt for the project. Genuinely brought a tear to my eye at the end. Bravo!
Very glad I contributed to this project when I saw it promoted at the time. Money well spent I think.
Now I just need to organise a trip to the spot to see my grave. :ghost::ghost::ghost:

2 Likes
  1. Itā€™s a plan!

Saw this on my netflix suggestions last night (US), probably will give it a watch this afternoon

1 Like

I ended up not ordering a grave. Somehow this intention was lost.
Seeing what they have done with Sad Hill is magnificent. I think this location re-built /restoration is one of a kind. I liked the documentary at certain points like the way they found it and the background stories of how it originated and was built by the military.

1 Like

So to all you lousy gingos who havenā€™t seen this yet, see it!

Just watched it for the 2nd time. It should be an entrance requirement to the SWDb :wink:

Itā€™s a travesty! They gave the award to someone elseā€¦ that shit is rigged #goyas

I have Netflix but was still hoping for a english friendly( subtitles or otherwise) Blu-ray release. Probably doubtful now if on Netflix?

A blu-ray/dvd is still in the works I believe. Presumably English friendly.

1 Like

yes itā€™s in the works

1 Like

just got my backer DVD, came in a little cardboard CD size holder. Will probably buy a proper blu when it comes out.

Hoping to visit there this year, canā€™t wait.

Just got around to watching the docuā€™ ā€¦ excellent piece of work, and very emotional as others have said.
Wish Eastwood could have got off his arse and joined the fans in person :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I mean would he have had a career if not for the collaboration with Leone?
Anyway, highly recommended.

3 Likes

Please vote and share

https://twitter.com/SadHillDoc/status/1180960459303919619?s=09

2 Likes

Iā€™m not on Twitter, but yes to the question, most definitely! :wink: