Sabata / Ehi amico … c’è Sabata, hai chiuso! (Gianfranco Parolini, 1969)

Very nice work of all involved!

[size=10pt]AWESOME[/size] stuff, Scherps!.. and whoever else is involved!

Well done, Scherp! :slight_smile:

The artwork is by the inimitable Dicfish

i loved very much this one even now after many year’s the only i don’t like much is the last 8 minutes

i like only last 8 minutes - rest is trash

lol…

It’s possibly I’m a tiny bit late, but a minor correction on this page: In the section on the first movie you say
“As a result, to many Sartana must have looked more original than it really was.”
presumably you mean
“As a result, to many Sabata must have looked more original than it really was.”
?

[Normally I’d just change it myself, but it changes the meaning of the text, I’m not 100% that I’m right, and the article is presented as your (Scherpschutter’s) opinion, so it seemed politer to ask!]

Maybe I’m nuts, but don’t those say the exact same thing? I’m not saying they’re identical, but I can’t tell them apart.

I’m 100% that you’re right… :wink:

[quote=“Commissioner, post:88, topic:37”]It’s possibly I’m a tiny bit late, but a minor correction on this page: In the section on the first movie you say
"As a result, to many Sartana must have looked more original than it really was.“
presumably you mean
"As a result, to many Sabata must have looked more original than it really was.”
?

[Normally I’d just change it myself, but it changes the meaning of the text, I’m not 100% that I’m right, and the article is presented as your (Scherpschutter’s) opinion, so it seemed politer to ask!][/quote]

You were 200 % right!

Went ‘back to basics’ last night after picking up a region2 mgm version for 50p at a market (otherwise got region1 box set).
A few scoops and back for this - after many years since the original visit…

I really enjoyed the camp theatre of this - only the hidden trampolines taking the leaping of faith a smidge too far.
We all know this enjoyable nonsense so not much to add.

It was crying out for an ol’ scrote undertaker to add to the clichés though I reckon!

Damn good movie. Very entertaining, not the deepest but I didn’t find it particularly over the top compared to some others. Lots of very good performances in this one, Lee Van Cleef and William Berger leading the way, of course.

The only reason it gets 4/5 from me was I felt the ending was rushed through.

Is have any info how the new U.S. Kino release is compared to the German and Spanish Blu Rays?

Would be interested in that as well. Although I personally hate kino as a company. Barebones releases and usually only one version, piece of shit company.

Some months ago i watched this on DVD and really didn’t like…

but yesterday watched this again on blu ray and now i think that this was a great movie.!!..

[quote=“Reza, post:96, topic:37”]Some months ago i watched this on DVD and really didn’t like…

but yesterday watched this again on blu ray and now i think that this was a great movie.!!..[/quote]That’s a shame, I really enjoy this one myself, watched it again a few weeks ago when I upgraded to the Kino Blu Ray.

[size=36pt]Hey Amigo[/size]

[size=24pt]I did a nice track for u.[/size]

‘Sabata’ is one of my all-time favourites.

I first saw it on BBC.2. in 1979, when the channel was hosting what it advertised as part of a ‘Spaghetti Western’ season…

The music, by Marcello Giombini, is magnifique!
The Gadgets are super-cool!
Lee Van Cleef is extra super-cool!
William Berger sports red-hair, has a quick-firing banjo, and a gorgeous girl, in the beautiful shape of Linda Veras!
Franco Ressel is as slimy and superior as they come!
Robert Hundar hits the dust!
Acrobatics and a daring bank-heist!
The beautiful Almeria landscape has its own fair share of the screen-time!

One of my all-time favourites, that I can watch on a regular basis. Recommended!

Snap ! Yes that was when I first saw it.