Run, Man, Run / Corri uomo corri (Sergio Sollima, 1968)

The main theme is awesome. Especially when sung by that singer whose name escapes me.

Youā€™re joking, right?

Itā€™s a favourite of mine too. And I assure you I ainā€™t joking :slight_smile:

Milian doesnā€™t have a great voice but that just adds some extra credibility to that exact song. Great lyrics.

1 Like

Yes, I like the song and MiliĆ”nā€™s rendition of it.

Thatā€™s the part I was referring to.

Ah. I thought you commented on the quoted reply.

We both have great taste then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Boom Joan Peter, was it?

Last posts were obviously a big misunderstanding. I thought you meant the title sequence song interpreted by MiliĆ”n. But you referred to this version. I guess youā€™re right, the singer is Peter Boom.

1 Like

I remember reading somewhere that Sollima heard Milian singing in the shower and suggested the idea of him singing the title song on the film.

1 Like

This needs a blu-ray release.

I would be interested in what extras they would add to it over the actual restoration of the picture and sound. Unless itā€™s really obvious I usually fail to see the improvements. In the case of Spaghetti westerns you can as time has not been kind to the original prints etc. But more recent film Blu Rays? I never can tell.

I have nothing against SWs with Mexican bandits etc, but donā€™t like outright revolutionary themes even if Run Man Run is not a typical such example (and even if I like Requiescant a lot (7/10)).
For me Run Man Run (5/10) is weaker than Sollimaā€™s rather entertaining Face To Face (6/10) and especially than The Big Gundown (8/10).
Somewhat boring with Milianā€™s character too noisy or disturbing IMO, and as I remember know. ( He was brilliant in Django Kill).

So all in all Run Man Run is overrated by the community - in my own opinion nota bene :slight_smile:

The Mexican revolution is used a lot in Spaghetti westerns and American westerns of the time to convey political views etc. Can I ask what puts you off this particular scenario?

If you ask me, I think I watched Run Man Run about the 3rd time or so around a year ago still disappointed after having bought it probably less than 2 years ago, but I mostly only remember know that the plot and the Milian lead character was not so appealing to me.
Also the other leading gun man character lacked charisma and was too ugly and was better suited as the criminal in Mannaja (6/10).
There were though nice familiar Almeria locations and probably some good music.

So it is not so much a revolutionary aspect that concerns me here.

Maybe I will watch it again soon to be able to be more specific.

Poor Donal Oā€™Brien ! LOL ā€¦ I have to agree, the first time I saw it I thought that guy is really bland ā€¦ heā€™s trying to look cool in a LVC manner but it isnā€™t convincing.

However, I think thereā€™s more good things than bad in the movie ā€¦ itā€™s no classic, but I found it entertaining.

Itā€™s no crime to disagree with the general opinions around here - Go for it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes things just donā€™t click with you. I get that. Milianā€™s style of acting doesnā€™t always appeal to me, it can be a bit OTT for me. Django Kill! He was more restrained and cooler.
Donald Oā€™ Brian is the gunman I think you are talking about. He did his job being tough and had presence enough.
The guy who stole the show for me is John Ireland.

I donā€™t really care what anyone says, I like the Cuchillo character and I like the movie so I want to see them put it out on blu-ray.

2 Likes

If anyone should release it it has to be Blue Underground simply for the extras that are on the DVD they made. I give Run Man Run 3 out of 5of 7 out of 10. I really like the Music though. TBF Milian does shine when he is on screen with Chelo Alonso!

1 Like

Agreed. Iā€™d rank it above ā€œFace to Faceā€ myself. I find that one to be the most overrated of Sollimaā€™s trilogy rather than this one. Donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever found anyone who doesnā€™t put ā€œThe Big Gundownā€ top though. We can all agree there.

1 Like

No. Face to Face is my favorite Sollima.

1 Like

I have never seen an English dub of FACCIA A FACCIA. And I think that affects my view on it. In any language it is Gian Maria Volanteā€™s best performance.