Run, Man, Run / Corri uomo corri (Sergio Sollima, 1968)

Agreed Halleluja, A fun film all around. Milian is great ( as usual). I enjoyed the on screen chemistry between Tomas and Chelo Alonso. Donald Oā€™Brien was great as well. Gotta love that music too. Stays in your head for days!! 4.5 stars for me.

Rewatched it yesterday too.

Great fun. It was my second viewing, and the film seems to grow on me.

Letā€™s hope Blue-Underground release a Blu Ray.

Thatā€™d be great - Iā€™d definitely want to watch this one again!

Iā€™m sure that BU has to be releasing Run, Man, Run at some point ( maybe next year?). Theyā€™ve already released Bullet For The General and Django Kill. Maybe BU will also release a Blu-Ray for Four Of the Apocalypse too!

ā€¦and Django :wink:

Letā€™s hope for Companeros and Mannaja too.

[/URL]

ā€œA pocket watch? How original!ā€

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Run_Man_Run_Review

Thereā€™s now also a review of the French DVD:

I watched this today, and for me, it was a kind-of Spag equivalent of Silverado - that is to say that thereā€™s nothing wrong with it, itā€™s well made, it has something for everyone, it contains all of the conventions and cliches that an impartial viewer might expect to find and an enthusiast might hope forā€¦ and yet I didnā€™t engage with it anywhere near as much as I felt I should, given that all the ingredients were right. I liked it, definitely, but I felt it was holding me at armā€™s length, somehow. Strange. Iā€™ve just looked at some of the opinions on this site regarding the film: Milianā€™s performance is too hammy and comedic in a film that is neither of those things, thereā€™s a distinct lack of focus, itā€™s too episodic, too long, the least of Mollinaā€™s Spagsā€¦ and I agree wholeheartedly with all of that. Conversely, Iā€™ve seen comments such as ā€œAs for Cuchillo ā€˜bumblingā€™, I think that fits his character perfectly. He is astute but fundamentally lurching from one crisis to another as he doesnā€™t grasp any other way to live. He lives on his wits, not his intellect. Thatā€™s what makes him such a warm character.ā€ (Phil H), or ā€œI think Run Man Run is an excellent movie; if itā€™s not Sollimaā€™s best, it may well be his most entertaining. The score, the landscape, the humor, the violence - it all gives me this nice feeling that Iā€™m watching my favorite genre, that Iā€™m home.ā€ (Scherpschutter), and I agree with that too. I justā€¦ I dunno. I was checking how much longer there was to go before the hour mark. But youā€™ve also only got to look at it for five minutes to see that itā€™s clearly a Premier League Spag. Hm. Maybe itā€™ll benefit from a second look at some point. Itā€™ll definitely get one.

Chelo Alonso and Linda Veras were bloody gorgeous, though.

I just saw your comment regarding the interview with Sollima on this disc. Is this interview unique to this release? It sounds like a really interesting one with some different content from other interviews with Sollima. Would you recommend picking up a copy of the DVD for the interview alone?

Isnā€™t the interview not available on You Tube or any other video sharing site?
Iā€™ll try to check, but Iā€™m on a holiday address right now, and internet is rather slow.

If I can find out how to do it, I could also share it myself

Thanks Scherp, I havenā€™t been able to find it anywhere.

Gonna PM youā€¦

I think Run, Man, Run could have been a lot better if it was cut to 90 minutes. If I was Sollima, I would have dropped the blonde Salvation Army woman from the script completely. Her character was pointless.

Not really. The German 90 min version was only half as good as the uncut version. And I like the Linda Veras role very much. Much more than the one of the Mexican woman.

A slightly shorter runtime could have improved the film a little bit, but actually it is La resa dei conti which is too long.

Very funny :laughing:

First time I viewed Run, Man, Run was in an 80 minute vhs version, and the film was terrible as cut to ribbons.

I have only watched the 95 minute version of The Big Gundown and itā€™s one of my favourite spaghetti westerns. 5/5 for me. I would rate Run, Man, Run 3/5. I guess itā€™s all about personal taste. Milian is always brilliant to watch regardless.

Watched this again today. Not as good as face to face or the big gundown imo but still a good film. Great that Sollimaā€™s three films are all in the top 20.

Is this Angelo Susani with hair?

@JonathanCorbett do you know whether the original title featured commas? The English has but posters and such are sans commas.

The original title is sans commas.

In my opinion itā€™s not him.