[quote=“Phil H, post:119, topic:1018”]

.[/quote]

The Mild Bunch

reaches for his revolver

say what?

When you have to shoot, shoot! Don’t talk… ;D

Where is the can of cider Reverend…

When the cider is in the man, the wisdom is on the can

Sacrilege to suggest that I was failing in my duty - but sacrilege also that the Spanish around these parts have failed to spot that importance of cider as the drink of choice …
Still I did my best with the local brew. :stuck_out_tongue:
Please note, only one hombre is partaking (from the SWDB) - and has also made the effort of dressing suitably!
No sense of ocassion - those London chappies… :wink:

Salud Compadres! | From left to right: Tigrero, Seb, Tim Lea… | Flickrhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/27484201@N04/2567396109/

It sounds as if all you amigos fortunate enough to get to the Rolling Roadshow in Almeria, had a really good time!!
Good for you!!
I was just wondering…did any of you actually stay at the ‘Hostel Alba’, in Los Albaricoques? I have visited the town on 3 occasions to photograph the locations there, and next year will be returning…
I may decide to stay at the ‘Alba’ for a couple of nights, and I’ve heard that the owner, Manuel, is a great supporter of the Leone Westerns. If anyone has stayed there, can they recommend it?
Also, I’m curious to know if - like myself - the fans who couldn’t attend the Roadshow, did anything ‘special’ on the 3 evenings, to make up for it?
Personally, I (with my very understanding wife!), cooked up a Spanish/Italian meal each night, played the cd soundtracks to each of the 3 ‘Dollar’ movies, (to get the atmosphere just right), and then sat down to watch them on my widescreen tv on the 3 consecutive evenings - at approx. the same time that the screenings were taking place in Almeria…
Did anyone else do anything like this?
Cheers, Amigos…

First time i’ve been on a computer since we got back, i will try to post some pics later

Yes Toscano, all of us in the picture above stayed there, the owner Manuel is avery nice bloke and made us feel extremely welcome (even though i didn’t understand what he was saying, i took my own personal translator with me who went by the name of Phil H!)

That pic above is in the Alba - it’s a very laid back place and comes highly recommended.
The ‘aftershow’ party was there for 2 of the nights, and indeed Manuel is a great fellah ;D… and responsible for the rebuilding of the ring and for the information boards. We had a great stay there and no matter what time we got up (from leaving the bar between 3 and 4 in the morn) - there was brekka if you wanted it - not that we always could face food! :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks for getting in the spirit of it all - I’ll buy ya a pint in the saloon later on amigo! :wink:

(…back in the thread there’s a link to their website - translated by bablefish, it is hilarious - The Tapeworm of Death (or somesuch) starring Gian Maria Steering-Wheel … worth a look!)

Splendid job Reverend :).

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:126, topic:1018”]Please note, only one hombre is partaking (from the SWDB) - and has also made the effort of dressing suitably!
No sense of ocassion - those London chappies… ;)[/quote]
The one and only “counterfeit Van Cleef” :slight_smile:

One one night the good reverend was so drunk and tired he appered to be very disorientated.

No cider but he made up for that with copious amounts of beer! :slight_smile:

… and the last man standing on the last night Brother Ennioo! Cheers!![quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:132, topic:1018”]The one and only “counterfeit Van Cleef” :)[/quote]
I like it! CVC - nice! I can live with that ;D[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:133, topic:1018”]One one night the good reverend was so drunk and tired he appered to be very disorientated.

No cider but he made up for that with copious amounts of beer! :)[/quote]
As I said … last man standing! You youngsters … :wink:

attached is a picture tucotours just sent me, it’s where us blokes are climbing the “five for you, five for me” rock

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

I can also confirm that the Alba is a great place to stay and that Manuel is n all round ‘Diamond Geezer’. He doesn’t speak any english though so if you book on their website try and use a little spanish, even if you have to look it up in a book. It will make life easier all round and ensure your booking is secure and correct.

he’s a swell chap, yeah

The Alba

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Sounds like you gents had a great time! Glad everyone got back in one piece. Now I’ll have to figure out a way to get my butt to Almeria somehow!

Pity you couldn’t make it AceHigh. Not only is it a great place, there was a heavy Texas contingient there. You would have felt right at home.