RIP Tony Kendall

(Tom B.) #1

Tony Kendall died in a Rome hospital over the weekend he was 73. A full obituary will be added to Cemetery With Crosses later today.

RIP

(Silvanito) #2

He was a handsome man

Besides spaghettis he also did a series of ‘Kommissar X’ Eurospy movies

RIP

(Bad Lieutenant) #3

RIP Tony

(Phil H) #4

Sad to hear this.
RIP Tony.

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #5

Oh my god. What terrible news. He was in some of my favorite films. Rest in peace brother.

(ENNIOO) #6

Sad news indeed !

(Søren) #7

Very sad… Just noticed today that Verita Note is releasing one of the Kommisar X soundtracks on cd so had just thought of him.

(Chris_Casey) #8

Truly sad!
I love those Kommissar X movies and one of the many Westerns he did Una pistola per cento croci!, is a solid personal favorite.

RIP, Tony…many thanks!

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #9

He was great in Whip and the Body, Return of the Evil Dead, and The Lorely’s Grasp.

(davidf) #10

R.I.P Tony Kendall

(Silence) #11

Sad news. RIP :’(.

(Starblack) #12

Fuck.

(cm215) #13

Sheesh, I just read about Paul Naschy and then saw this.

(Romaine Fielding) #14

I’ve always thought he looked a tad like George Cooney. The two-toned hair was something of a unique look among Spaghetti leads. One of my very favorite junk Spaghettis is Carlo Croccolo’s Gunmen for One Hundred Crosses. It opens with a great close-up of his chisled face. Nice.

(Silence) #15

Never noticed this, but, when you say it…

By the way, I always use to say the George Clooney looks like my father!

(Silver) #16

Very sad news. Always thought it was a shame he wasn’t in more westerns. Weirdly, a couple of days ago i ordered the Kommissar X box set from Amazon.

(Phil H) #17

Do let us know what the quality of that set is like, Silver.

(Silver) #18

Will do. Just mentioned in another thread that it doesn’t seem that quality is going to be very good at all though!

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #19

Actually the quality is pure shit and the DVD cover is awful. Just some generic picture of chicks holding guns.

But regardless I’m sure you’ll still enjoy the films!

(Silver) #20

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:19, topic:2092”]Actually the quality is pure shit and the DVD cover is awful. Just some generic picture of chicks holding guns.

But regardless I’m sure you’ll still enjoy the films![/quote]

I’m sure i will…and equally sure i’ve watched worse quality stuff but you’re right, that cover is horrendous!