RIP Tony Kendall

The quality isn’t that good, no. All three movies fullscreen as far as I remember. But the entertainment value of the movies themselves are through the roof and that’s what counts. I would rather watch these three than three mediocre spaghetti westerns in pristine quality. Tony Kendall was never really cut out for spaghetti westerns in my opinion but for the spy genre he was excellent. Plus you’re gonna love those Kommisar X soundtracks, Silver.

Ahhh…I see, now!
Everyone kept mentioning a Kommissar X box set; so, I thought this was something new.
Once our old buddy, the Colonel, stepped in and mentioned the atrocious cover I knew what everyone had been talking about.
I would not call this thing a box set, personally. All three films are on one disc.
And yes, the quality is pretty bad, indeed! Bad video and bad audio. I rented this from a local shop here in Sierra Vista and found that my DVD-R’s (which are mere transfers of the old Something Weird VHS tapes) are actually better quality!
I have to retract a couple of statements I made in previous posts regarding this, because I thought there was a new box set available. I didn’t know everyone was talking about this single disc thing that came out a few years ago.

Yes, defining it as a box set is really stretching it a lot :slight_smile:

Well, that’s my fault. I saw it on amazon and assumed that what with it containing 3 movies and all it would be a box set. That’ll teach me to jump to conclusions on such things. Sounds like the quality of the release doesn’t match the material :frowning:

There’s a note on this page at DVD Sleuth that Koch may be releasing the bulk of the Kommissar X titles in 2010:

[url]http://dvdsleuth.blogspot.com/2009/11/edgar-wallace-and-spaghetti-from-koch.html[/url]

That is incredible news … The series couldn’t be put in better hands. Those will be must-buys.

Good news indeed.
Let’s hope they are English friendly.

Excellent news. Thanks Koch!

A fitting tribute to Tony, releasing his films in better quality.

I’ve been watching a lot of early Spags/Euros lately. TWO different earlier ones feature Tony Kendall as an INDIAN CHIEF with the SAME NAME. In Pirates of the Mississippi he plays a Cherokee chief named Black Eagle and then he plays the title character in Black Eagle of Santa Fe (Can’t remember the tribe right now).
Kind of unusual for a guy who had those debonair looks and, as Chris said, was more suited to urbane spy roles.

[quote=“Starblack, post:25, topic:2092”]There’s a note on this page at DVD Sleuth that Koch may be releasing the bulk of the Kommissar X titles in 2010:

[url]http://dvdsleuth.blogspot.com/2009/11/edgar-wallace-and-spaghetti-from-koch.html[/url][/quote]

Too cool!!! Like Soren said…these will be must-buys!

My bad…didn’t look at the specs when i ordered it and just assumed it was 3 discs!

I had thought of that…most of the films of this type that i’ve seen have had some good music going on

[quote=“Starblack, post:25, topic:2092”]There’s a note on this page at DVD Sleuth that Koch may be releasing the bulk of the Kommissar X titles in 2010:

[url]http://dvdsleuth.blogspot.com/2009/11/edgar-wallace-and-spaghetti-from-koch.html[/url][/quote]

Well i’ll definitely be making an order if they do release them!