Ringo, the Face of Revenge / Ringo, il volto della vendetta / Los cuatro salvajes (Mario Caiano, 1966)

I canā€™t think of any otherā€¦

Well[quote=ā€œLankyFellow, post:20, topic:1199ā€]Did he actually play a good guy in another SW ?[/quote]

Well he did play a good bandit in El Bandido Malpelo, against the Mexican dictatorship. As the lead, no less (or co-star at least).

Fajardo played an honest rancher in Killer Adios.

Unfortunately havenā€™t seen that one.

I watched this one last night.

Iā€™ve never seen Anthony Steffen so animated! I was quite shocked! :o
Eduardo Fajardo was good in a rare non-villainous role.
What irritated me a little was their characters ignoring two golden opportunities to kill off Frank Wolffā€™s character & therefore save themselves a lot of hassle. Also, the film went a bit downhill after the introduction of a love interest.

Not great, but quite entertaining.

This one I watch yesterday thanks to CG. The cast is great and the movie itā€™s quite entertaining, nevertheless the role of Fajardo seems spoiled in the English dub (what an annoying voice).

I actually really enjoyed this one. I loved all the double crossing. I also enjoyed the soundtrack a bit, even though it seemed as if it was just the same theme played in several different ways. I gave it a 4. Not great but very entertaining.

saw this last night and rather liked it. a very animated performance from Anthony Steffen, and the plot has been used many times but it is done compentley here and is a watchable entertaining spaghetti western. 7/10

Mildly diverting film. I give it 3 stars.

One thing that I found interesting is that much of the film got printed in reverse. If you watch closely Steffen is right-handed one minute and left-handed the next!
This fact made it hard for some of the Almeria location hunters to figure out where a lot of this picture was filmed.
It was shot around Los Albaricoques and in the badlands of Tabernas.

I actually think, speaking strictly for myself, if this had been shot entirely in Italy I wouldnā€™t rate it quite as high as I do! :wink:
I am just a sucker for those Spanish locations!

Just want to add this film has a great score by De Masi!

Despite a greatly promising cast in my opinion Ringo il volto della vendetta is a slightly below average SW, mainly because of a rather uninspired direction and some boring, inconclusive parts.

One to rewatch I guess. Have viewed, but cannot remember a single thing about this one :stuck_out_tongue: .

one of my best looser ever buy on dvd!!! :o
1 star and this is a lot!

I canā€™t remember a single thing either, although I remember it being good. Is it the one where Fajardo plays a good guy? (well sort of).

After he had a big night, [size=12pt]Ringo[/size] now has [size=12pt]the face of revenge[/size], in a movie that is not about revenge at all.
Ringo really was a miracle man:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Ringo,_the_Face_of_Revenge_Review

Iā€™ve tried a few new things, among them the addition of a [size=10pt]BRIEF REVIEW[/size] for people who want concise info on a movie or donā€™t have time or energy to read the full review.

(I plan to write brief reviews for all the spaghs I have reviewed for the site, and they will get their own page)

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:28, topic:1199ā€]Iā€™ve tried a few new things, among them the addition of a [size=10pt]BRIEF REVIEW[/size] for people who want concise info on a movie or donā€™t have time or energy to read the full review.

(I plan to write brief reviews for all the spaghs I have reviewed for the site, and they will get their own page)[/quote]

Excellent idea for the brief reviews. I usually donā€™t read the full review prior to watching the movie as they are usually very analytical (and reveal a lot). I enjoy this analytical side, but AFTER I watch the movie, I like to make my own opinions first. So this brief reviews could be the ideal thing to get some basic information about the movie. This first one looks just like what I need: brief description of the plot, one-sentence evaluation and mention of the highlight/extra value.

I agree. Very good idea!

And I forgot to mention this:

One of those spaghs in which the hero rides off with the lady

pfffr, now itā€™s everywhere
i want back gunslingers riding off alone into the wilderness

Re-watched and even worse than I rememberedā€¦ just an ugly looking film and very talky (english dub didnā€™t help), feels more like a spanish soap opera than a Spaghetti Western, imo

I rewatched it on the Sunday and I still feel the same about the movie. An enjoyable flick, you could say a buddy movie, that gets most of the things right and is little dull somewhere in the middle of the road (prison episode). Steffen, Fajardo and Wolff shine in their roles. The movie works with the characters very well. Steffen is not even stiff this time, Fajardo plays a good guy and Wolff is a really a mean slimy son of a b. Yes there is a change of the mood in the course of time from lighthearted to quite serious. I think the director did it well enough. It is not a sudden jump from one to the other. There are huge clues of this happening. It is indeed melodramatic and I actually liked it. It feels like a Shakespeare play since the Tricky started to trick Tim and it turns full Hamlet by the time of Timā€™s death. Therefore I prefered the second half to the first. There are just memorable moments in the second one - villagers witchhunting the girl, the deadly fight between friends and the cave in which is the gold placed which for some reason reminded me of Winnetou - The Red Gentleman. The scene where Tricky and Ringo ā€œshareā€ the gold was also something Iā€™d expect in some drama. Tricky gets his half and falls into the abyss. It is not a movie that would be on the top of the list but there was also nothing that would bother me. Honestly I have no idea why the movie was parodied but it says at least one thing about it - it left some impression.

1 Like