REVENGE OF SARTANA=available next week aka murieta

talk is cheap. you are not worth my time .maybe thats all u are good at,stealing.i might not be as good in english as you ,but at least i put my money where my mouth is.
you know the saying"EMPTY HEADS…"
i can see that you are not happy with yourself.

Not as cheap as your dvd’s.

It won’t take but a few seconds to enlighten us with who you paid to secure the copyrights.

That was meant hypothethically and a bit sarcastic as well.

I give you that, me bringing up your broken English was lame.

Where exactly? But please do so anyway, I’m not convinced yet.

No. But I know a Dutch saying that translates something like: “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire”

Wow. A bonafide distributor of movies and a psychiatrist as well? You are right. I’m not worthy of your time. (sarcastic again)

By the way, here is the Fedra West copyright information:
Type of Work: Recorded Document
Document Number: V8006P726
Date of Recordation: 1997-12-19
Entire Copyright Document: V8006P726 (Single page document)
Title: Notice of intent to enforce a copyright restored under the Uruguay Round Agreements Act.
Notes: Sabor de la venganza & 7 other works. Audiovisual. Filed for all rights.
Owner: Sociedad General de Autores y Editores (SGAE) C/Fernando VI, 4 28004; Madrid (Spain) PHONE: 341-349.95.50. FAX: 341-349.95.74.
Author: Joaquin Luis Romero Hernandez Marchent.

So, if I call the number above to inquire about the South African rights to Fedra West, they will redirect me to you?

thats right,my dvds are cheap and good and rare.
as for fedra west ,its public domain over here,so go sue me.

I would just like to say that what Southern DVD / Global Video is releasing is NOT VHS transfers as is implied at one of the above posts. Most releases have been on par with what Wild East has released and some even above that. I think he transfers them from 16mm prints or something, definitely not VHS as can easily be seen
[quote="Bad Lieutenant, post:20, topic:731"]I never implied that. It's besides the point. It's possible to get 16mm on eBay too and then transfer them to dvd.[/quote] True. But you did more or less imply that it was VHS-transfers. But OK it was meant as an example so OK ;)

[quote=“warrior, post:23, topic:731”]thats right,my dvds are cheap and good and rare.
as for fedra west ,its public domain over here,so go sue me.[/quote]
It’s NOT public domain, not even in America, so once again:
Fedra West copyright information:
Type of Work: Recorded Document
Document Number: V8006P726
Date of Recordation: 1997-12-19
Entire Copyright Document: V8006P726 (Single page document)
Title: Notice of intent to enforce a copyright restored under the Uruguay Round Agreements Act.
Notes: Sabor de la venganza & 7 other works. Audiovisual. Filed for all rights.
Owner: Sociedad General de Autores y Editores (SGAE) C/Fernando VI, 4 28004; Madrid (Spain) PHONE: 341-349.95.50. FAX: 341-349.95.74.
Author: Joaquin Luis Romero Hernandez Marchent.

this is south africa so dont waiste my time

Forgive me for not taking your word for it, so I did a little research. It’s not even public domain in South Africa, considering the following:
An Information Pamphlet

By virtue of the Copyright Act, copyright subsists automatically in the original work of any South African citizen, resident or domicile, both prior to publication and after publication.

Ownership of the copyright in a work generally rests in its author(s), unless the author(s) agree(s) in writing to assign the copyright. “Author” is specially defined in the Copyright Act, but generally means the originator(s) of the work.

If the author is not a South African citizen resident or domicile, copyright may subsist after publication in South Africa if this was the first publication in the world. No registration formalities are re­quired (in distinction to patent, design and trade mark rights) except in respect of cinematographic films which may be registered.

The subjects in which copyright may subsist include written and musical works (eg. literary and dramatic works, tables, works of reference) artistic works (eg. paintings, sculpture, photographs, all irrespective of artistic quality), architectural works, sound recordings, cine films, TV programmes carrying signals and broadcasts.

The term of copyright is generally 50 years after the death of the author.

The benefits of copyright protection are extended by proclamation to citizens of, and works originating from, member countries of the Berne copyright convention. By the same convention South Africans enjoy copyright overseas. The Berne convention includes most important coun­tries, save for the USA. By way of a bilateral agreement between SA and USA the benefit of copyright is conferred upon citizens of SA equally as if they were citizens of the USA and vice versa, although registration requirements have to be met in the USA.

We are ready to advise our clients in connection with any copyright questions on problems they have, especially in the field of industrially applied artistic works.

Copyright in the industrial sphere

Drawings of a technical nature (eg. engineering drawings) and works of craftsmanship of a technical nature (eg. prototypes) enjoy copyright in South Africa, not only against reproduction of the drawings in 2-dimen­sions but also against reproduction of the works (eg. machines, spare parts) in 3-dimensions. However, if the copyright owner introduces 3-dimensional reproductions to the market, which “authorised” reproduc­tions are works which primarily have a utilitarian purpose and are made by an industrial process, their copyright protection against copying the authorised reproductions (so called “reverse engineering”) is lost.

Source:
http://www.hahn.co.za/copyrights-information.htm

Source for Fedra West copyright information:
http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/doctitles.cgi?V8006P726

wish i had all that time on my hands.besides who cares what you think or not.

I have posed legitimate questions. I have supported my doubts with verifiable facts. Why don’t you respond accordingly? What’s wrong with going into dialogue? You have not answered one single question, unless you call “don’t waste my time” an answer.

you ask stupid questions.are you the rights holder? i dont think so.
this topic is close.u are waisting my time. time is money to me.pay me if u want to waiste my time.

Warrior, you may feel that Bad Lieutenant is wasting your time but he has asked some legitimate questions which deserve honest answers.

Furthermore, this forum is full of Spaghetti Western fans who are all potential customers for you. A more civil attitude from yourself would be wise and be more beneficial to your business I would suggest.

I for one, who has never purchased anything from you but who has been tempted by some of your titles in the past, am unlikely to part with my cash in the future as a result of this thread.

Time may be money to you but good manners cost nothing.

[quote=“warrior, post:30, topic:731”]you ask stupid questions.are you the rights holder? i dont think so.
this topic is close.u are waisting my time. time is money to me.pay me if u want to waiste my time.[/quote]
[EDIT] Phil H beat me to the punch, but here it goes anyway:
Come on, my questions are not stupid. They are valid, supported by fact.
I never implied that I am the rights holder. I am not. And neither are you. I have proven that. If I had been the rights holder I would have sued you, with succes I may add. Why do you respond to normal questions in a kid like fashion? This thread reveals more about you than about me. Bottom line, what’s your problem, really? How is the truth offensive to you? I’m merely trying to establish some dialogue, shed some light on a subject that members of this forum are interested in. I try to do this quite eloquently and in a civil manner. Your replies consist mostly of remarks about the supposed absence of my intelligence. Nowhere do you really answer my questions. A pity in my opinion. I could repeat myself with the facts listed above, but talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. I have one final question for you, which you’re probably not going to answer, but here it goes. How come that someone who spends thousands of euros on securing copyrights to movies, needs members of a forum to design dvd covers for him?

i told u that u are wasting my time.as for sue,over her in south africa u will get thrown out.
what is leg asking me about rights?thats none of his bussiness.
phil, dont try to make me feel good about tempted to buy titles,if u wanted then u would look at it different ways.as for his comments about cover design ,it has nothing to do with him what i ask. i thought this forum was open to trade and any questions regarding spaghetti westerns,if its not then its not worth coming on.
i dont feel attacked by idiotic questions. get a life or a job.

my customers get treated with respect,so dont you come down her and judge me.ask any of my clients if i was rude to them.

i am not come here and reveal my sources and explain copyright to anyone. its my private buss and would like to have it respected.if u are in doubt about my product then dont buy it.

if u wanna be the bigger man here then good,but this subject is close,i dont have time to entertain this any longer.

LOL
you should thank him for pointing out the legal concerns, what if somebody indeed sues you for copyright infringement?

Well, we agree about one thing anyway.
As far as I’m concerned this subject is closed too.

sabastian

then the legal question should be asked to evreyone who is selling westerns.u get guys selling on ebay(me included) hundreds of guys sell the same product and no one gets sued.

i deal with all companies in italy and knows exactly who owns what.i buy selective and some of my titles i have no rights ,i have prints of them and i transfer them and sell.this was made clear several times before.
that does not mean that every movie i sell .thats taken from reels, i dont own.some distributors in italy have zero material in english .
i have hundreds of prints ,used to be a 35mm and 16mm distributor in the 70’s,so i have use most of my own material.99% of the titles i release , i own copyright on them for south africa.

rights are very expensive anywhere from 5000eurs to 10000 euros per title not less.that excludes material.
take example night of serpent= cost me 6000 euro material 2000 euro.that had to strike a digi beta from the negative same goes for 10 killers from afar.
i hope this clears up some doubts

i understand that, and i didn’t say you were the only one on the internet who does that. and i have nothing against it, i merely raised the question, just out of curiosity. i am not a legal expert. however, personally, I prefer buying from ‘official’ sources, where the legal status is less unclear than such cases as yours (or even Wild East’s).

All in all that is going to mean that you are going to miss out on a lot of spaghettis. The official releases are far and between if you leave out Wild East, Southern DVD and other “gray market” sources. Morally its no doubt the right thing to do but in this case I have no scruples buying the releases anyway. Hell who in their right mind is going to release Fidani-movie on dvd for God’s sake. It ain’t gonna happen, spaghetti western releases are barely financially sound when talking about the ‘big’ movies…

Most in here is on the same level I think. Hard to be HARD into spaghetti westerns if you’re not.

I think your doing a great job Naushad !! im really looking forward to the new releases - and hopefully many more to come. Global are providing some of the most sought-after spaghetti westerns in english - fedra west was a fine example we may never have seen that in english if it wasnt for naushad print quality was great in my opinion - but im not a perfectionist. Night of the Serpent is going to be a cracker ive waited years to see this
viva Global!!
adios
mark

Hahaha. This thread is really cracking me up. Bad Lieutenant, good job on owning warrior on this thread. I just love how Warrior keeps on saying things like “i don’t have the time” and “this subject is closed”, yet keeps responding and being so defensive. hahaha.

On the other hand, if you look at warrioir’s customer feedback rating on ebay, its flawless. Obviously he’s doing something right, so I think its best to give him some slack. He may be a bootlegger, but at least he’s got 53 satisfied customers so far.

When it comes to rare and obscure SW’s, there is a place for bootleggers in the market, as long as their honest.