Return of Sabata / È tornato Sabata … hai chiuso un’altra volta! (Gianfranco Parolini, 1971)

But … she’s not in it !!!

http://imageshack.us

[quote=“stanton, post:38, topic:98”]Surely a cult classic loved by milli… , well, many.
SD judges any film only by their actors. With LvC it can’t fail.[/quote]

I’m sure SD would like it even more if Richard Harrison or Peter lee Lawrence played Sabata.

Or at least Sabata’s horse, but Sabata doesn’t ride very much, so it would only be supporting for PLL.
I think Peter would have made a great horse.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:41, topic:98”]But … she’s not in it !!!

http://imageshack.us[/quote]

I wished she was …

Well, the movie’s over…After reading all these comments i expected it to begin good and then to become progressively duller and duller, but it’s exactly the opposite that happened! After the first 25-30 minutes, where nothing particurarly exciting happens, the action begins. Even if it’s more lighthearted than the previous 2, it’s still was great fun to watch, pure entertainment. I also liked (like i always i do) the cartoonish feel the film had which was more intense than in the first Sabata. What else… the great variety of characters, gambling houses, gimmicks, greedy rich motherf***rs, many of the elements i love in spaghettis are here. A few flaws, besides the rather boring beginning, are some silly expressions of LVC and some parts of the score in the beginning of the film. Not on par with the first Sabata, but definitely better than the second one. 8,5/10 for me.

Halleluja, one sinner less who is able to see the light!

Funny, the 1st scene which is always praised (by many as the only good part), it’s an ok beginning, but not the best part of the movie.

Yes, the fist scene was a quite good one, but it only lasted 4-5 minutes.

Glad you liked it more than me IB. If nothing else, at least it means Stanton won’t feel so lonely in his opinion of this film anymore :smiley:

I’m here to help, Phil :smiley:

It warms my sorry heart

Just added a review of this one

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Return_of_Sabata_Review

Probably the least positive review I’ve ever written. I just couldn’t think of a single redeeming quality for what is one of my most disappointing spaghettis.

I usually don’t comment on movies I haven’t finished watching yet, but I never made it past the first scene with the clowns (I HATE CLOWNS!). I will be fair & finish it one day, but it does speak to the quality of the film, that I haven’t gone back yet to watch the rest.

Surely you can’t hate the midget clowns in BOOTS HLL. All the world loves a midget clown.

Thanks. >:( I will not sleep for weeks Spag Monk.

Great fans always take every chance to mention their favourites. :wink:

:smiley: Thanks for picking that up Stanton. Slipped through my proof reading net. An unsurprising error really. When you spend too long watching Return of Sabata it is only natural to turn the mind to something better if even only subliminally. :smiley:

Bought me the DVD (this one and Adios Sabata are really cheap to get now here in Germany), so I got the idea to rewatch it. And I really enjoyed it again, especially his elegant directing.

I’m now so used to Parolini’s excessive over-the-top ideas that his 4 Sabata/Sartana film belong in the great fun category.
At the moment I have to admit I would prefer this one to the original. Return is the stylistically more coherent film with the better dialogues, and I prefer the roles of Giampiero Albertino (McIntock, the main villain) and Reiner Schöne (ex-Lieutenant Clyde, the untrustworthy partner) to their counterparts in Sabata played by Franco Ressel and William Berger.

But still both films are very close, as is Adios Sabata.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:36, topic:98”]I saw this in cinema when first released, a few centuries go, when men had rugs, women had tails and dinosaurs weren’t born yet

I never saw the thing again and wonder if it’s really as bad as I remember
I still know how desillusioned I was when leaving the theatre, I just couldn’t understand how a Lee van Cleef movie could be this dull[/quote]

Still, if you keep trying, I might just give it another chance …

… in the afterlife …

Better earlier … or does the afterlife has an internet account?

Suppose so, and a good DVD shop
If muslim terrorists can have virgins, I want to have at least spaghetti westerns