Red Dead Redemption/Red Dead Redemption 2

The music that plays during the very first shootout is a terrific nod to Harmonica’s theme in Once Upon A Time in the West

1 Like

The fire-dance song sounds original and the drinking-song on the fishing expedition sounds original.

I’ve put a lot more hours into this game since I last posted about it, doing both the side missions in the base game and the online, and my opinion hasn’t changed at all. It definetely has a couple of minor flaws and a couple more nitpicks, and the online sadly has a very similiar economy to GTA:Online (but that was always going to be the case), but I still think it’s the best game I’ve ever played and objectively one of the best games ever made. I still highly recommend it to anyone here who has a PS4 or an XBOX ONE.

Now we just need Rockstar to make a GTA style game set in 70’s Italy, and a game where you play as an amateur sleuth investigating a series of murders also set in 70’s Italy and we’ll be laughing :expressionless:

I’m guessing I’m 95% finished with the ‘main story’, if that’s what it still is. Arthur’s adventures are long done. The ‘old’ RDR1-map hasn’t even been explored yet. It’s just opening-up. Went there once for a bounty, involving a running canyon-shootout.

Looks like most of the bones from the dinosaur-mission are located there. The serial-killer mission is the only side-mission I’ve completed. There’s rock-carvings, Indian-paintings, tree-carvings, dreamcatcher-locations… not to mention the legendary-beast hunts. I screwed-up shooting a legendary moose when it fled into a river. The water was too deep to ‘bring’ it ashore, so I don’t know if the mission re-spawns or not.

As for fast travel, you get the map when John buys the Beecher’s Hope property.

I agree with some of the above statements. This is, overall, the best game I’ve ever played. Before this, it was the original Red Dead Redemption. I think it has a run for best video game of all time. And I think it very, very easily has the best soundtrack of any video game. In fact, it might be my favorite western soundtrack (as a whole) of all time. And that is saying something.

until RDR2 comes to PC next year I’m playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey… it’s the first AC games I played and so far it’s pretty good… it’s like GTA mixed with Peplum :slight_smile: I’ve only explored like 5% of the map afer 8 hours of play…. this game is huge.

yeah it does :slight_smile:

I’m glad I’m not the only person with such an opinion because I’ve seen a hell of a lot of people really bash this game. I think a lot of them were expecting GTA with horses but this to me is far more than just that.

It’s definetely worth the wait.

Yep. It’s a rousing success. You have enough money at the end to do everything you want. There’s only one train left. Sometimes it’s in-service and other times it’s just sitting in the middle of nowhere. I’m gonna try and steal it before I put the game away. In GTA5 you could ride the train around the entire map.

Anyone who has RDR2 on PS4 and wants to play Online?

I’ll play with you once I’m back home from vaccation (2 weeks) :cowboy_hat_face:

Alright, there’s a new update that adds roles to the game like a bounty hunter, which you can do with others. I’m also thinking of creating a persistant posse, but I don’t have a name yet. Maybe a reference to a western, like The Great Silencers, The Grand Duellists or High Plains Drifters. What do you think?

I created a posse yet with zero members called THE DIRTY OUTLAWS, so if you wanna save some money you can join that one

I’m going to create a posse anyway to get that trophy. :smile: