Red Blood, Yellow Gold / Professionisti per un massacro (Nando Cicero, 1967)

Donā€™t you think a lot of the sequence in which they discover the lifeless bodies of Monica Randallā€™s family members, for instance, or of the good villain (El Primero) played with masterly skill by JosĆ© Bodalo?

Frankly said, I donā€™t remember these scenes at all.

you canā€™t remeber becauce the film itā€™s unwatchble

sartana1968 exaggerates, as usual :wink:

Watch It Again, sartana!

[quote=ā€œJonathanCorbett, post:44, topic:1756ā€]sartana1968 exaggerates, as usual :wink:

Watch It Again, sartana![/quote]
thatā€™s my type with trash friendā€¦ :wink:

It is watchable, but not memorable

I bought the French DVD (SNC, one of those DVDs with a bizarre Fluide Glacial cover) this afternoon in Brussels

The text on the back says Sylvester Stallone co-produced it.
I noticed there was some discussion on this in the thread. Has anybody found out more about this?

Just watched the first 15 minutes (on my PC). Looks like an okay movie to me, a sort of Any Gun can Play (also with Edd Kookie Byrnes), a combination of violence and tongue-in-cheek humor

[url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/143/afficheprofessionnelspo.jpg/[/url]

Image quality is excellent, and so is the Italian audio track (havenā€™t checked the French track yet)
The DVD is btw NOT English friendly

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:47, topic:1756ā€]The text on the back says Sylvester Stallone co-produced it.
I noticed there was some discussion on this in the thread. Has anybody found out more about this?[/quote]

I canā€™t see how this could be possible. Sly would have been no more than 20 when this film was made and he does not come from a movie background.

There were also some rumours that he played a minor role in it, as a Mexican
I did my best, but I havenā€™t spotted him

It seems very unlikely that he had anything to do with this movie, but then: where do these rumours come from?
Is it possible that any Italian producer made up this name, as a pseudonym?

The movie: these first 15 minutes were the best part of the movie, Iā€™m afraid. Strictly average. More a 2/5 than a 3/5 if you ask me.

In my opinion among the SWs directed by Cicero this is definitely the best.

Someone may be annoyed by the fact that there are no less than three women of rare ugliness, but that is a deliberate aesthetic choice aimed at giving the film eccentricity.

It is extremely improbable :wink:

In any case Stallone should play a soldier, not a Mexican (source Nocturno Forum).

[quote=ā€œJonathanCorbett, post:50, topic:1756ā€]In my opinion among the SWs directed by Cicero this is definitely the best.

Someone may be annoyed by the fact that there are no less than three women of rare ugliness, but that is a deliberate aesthetic choice aimed at giving the film eccentricity.

It is extremely improbable :wink:

In any case Stallone should play a soldier, not a Mexican (source Nocturno Forum).[/quote]

In that case Iā€™ll have to watch it again!
But probably only the beginning, the best part of the movie

I understand that these ugly women were a deliberate choice, and it didnā€™t bother me
The first 15 minutes are okay, and there are a few scattered good moments throughout the movie, but overall this combination of ultra-violence and tongue in cheek humor (occadionally verging on slapstick) didnā€™t really work. And what to think of Martinā€™s haircut ā€¦

[/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/vlcsnap2009120915h09m13.png/[/url]

Sylvester Stallone used to be credited as an actor for this one at IMDB years ago. Somebody later on removed it but then he was listed as a co-producerā€¦ and now that has been removed as well.

I have an old photo of him somewhere which might be from a western, there is an indian with a gunbelt across his chest holding a rifle and Stallone has a stetson and maybe some sort of uniform onā€¦ A quick look at his credits doesnā€™t seem to have any role like that in them?
Anyways if I remember correctly it didnā€™t look very spaghetti to me. (I havenā€™t seen this film)

EDIT: Meant to say that the photo looks like it was taken on a set of a western film, not from the actual film (if any even exist).
Aaand, I probably mentioned most of this on some previous page but am too lazy to look. :stuck_out_tongue:

I prefer Schwarzenegger anyway ā€¦

Me too, but I donā€™t think he was in this one

With or without Sly (not to mention Arnie):

[size=12pt]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Red_Blood,_Yellow_Gold_Review[/size]

Thatā€™s basically how I remember the movie. None of Ciceroā€™s 3 westerns is remarkable, but Time of the Vultures was the best. And one from which I would like to get an uncut copy.

After the girl is confronted with the sight of her dead family members there arenā€™t ā€œsaloon brawls in Trinity styleā€, this would lead to a significant discontinuity while the film is rather homogeneous.

This brawl is before the dead family scene, but that doesnā€™t really make a difference (and there are light-hearted scenes afterwards); the point is that the mix is too daring. You can have a mix of comedy and violence (I think in Any Gun can Play it works quite well), but you canā€™t have Trinity like brawls and the slaugther of the McBain family (just an example) in one movie.

Edit:

Iā€™ve changed the text a little, it says now:

ā€œThereā€™s a scene in which a young woman is confronted with the sight of her dead family members, who were slaughtered in brutal fashion by Major Loyd and his gang of cutthroats. You canā€™t mix this with saloon brawls in Trinity style.ā€

That was my point. Itā€™s odd that you think the movie is homogeneous, my thoughts were completely different, I find it very incongruous, an uneven mix of elements that donā€™t go well together. Thereā€™s far worse out there than this movie, of course, but like Stanton I prefer Time of the Vultures (havenā€™t seen Giuda yet)

Giuda is somehow also an unconvincing film, but I donā€™t know why. It looks good, it has an interesting enough cast and story, but somehow it ā€¦ somehow it is underwhelming. Only a 4/10 film

That, imo, a bit the story of this Cicero: his films seem to have it all, and yet they feel a little inconclusive, not what they should have been, even Time of the Vultures has these problems