Red Blood, Yellow Gold / Professionisti per un massacro (Nando Cicero, 1967)

Hackneyed adjective, sartana1968! :wink:

Let it be said, boredom is subjective: in my view Professionals for a Massacre is lively and eventful.

The General is played by Carlo Gentili (screen on the right from A.A.A. Massaggiatrice bella presenza offresi)

He’s credited as Costume and/or Scene designer in at least five SWs: this one, A Pistol for Ringo, Bandidos, Bury Them Deep and Paolo Bianchini’s Machine Gun Killers.

Not to be confused with Giorgio Gentili, assistant director on Sledge.

[/url]
[url=http://postimage.org/index.php?lang=italian][url]http://postimage.org/[/url]

Anyone heard anything about the allegedly digitally remasterd release of this from TGG Direct that’s Amazon.com exclusive? I’ve heard mixed stuff about some of their other releases.

Re-watched this one, had not seen it in a long time. Well, it was a little bit better than i remembered and i thought that the three leads worked very well together. So, despite Greorge Martin’s ugly toopee, Edd Byrnes girly voice and some truly ugly Mexicans, this light-weight spagh was fun and entertaining nevertheless.

Yep, me too. don’t know why I hated it so much before :slight_smile:

The recently identified Bruno Ukmar in one of his few credited roles in a western. He has a nice part as Gerard Herter’s sidekick, Sergeant Brent, here a little later in the movie than the previous pic.

1 Like

It’s not a great film, but the photography is lush and beautiful.

Just watched this one for the second time and enjoyed it. 3/5 from me

I must say that I think this is one of the better spags in the The Dirty Dozen-fashion. 3/5 from me as well.

1 Like

Just watched this SW for the first time - somehow I missed it or it was not available to purchase. It is on YouTube.
Anyway, it was enjoyable, even if it is not a top SW. Good cast and nice locations in rambla lanujar.

1 Like

I remember not really enjoying it. Maybe I’ll have to give it another shot sometime.

1 Like

Never seen this one but I’ve had it on my to-watch list for a while. Should give it a go if it’s on YouTube.

1 Like

This was one of the first 30 or so SW’s I watched…I believe under the title “Payment in Blood”… this was about ten years ago but remembering the movie didn’t live up to the title. Never really cared to give it another go for some reason but probably should revisit.

Payment in Blood is a different film, directed by Enzo Castellari and much better than this, imo.

Oh wow, you’re right! I think I saw this film too though, need to rewatch both now :laughing:

Just came to me why I got them confused, they were a double bill on the Wild East DVD. Didn’t care for either really so sold the DVD. Still would like to rewatch both but got other more important ones to rewatch first.

1 Like

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2022 thread:

1 Like

New poll for this one at the top of the page under the original post :arrow_up:

Also, @Admin its database page needs updating.

1 Like

Does it now… :wink:

1 Like

Alright bossman, all done.

This film’s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Please let us know of any corrections necessary and do contribute links, facts, trivia, reviews, pictures and more.

1 Like

Rewatching it involuntarily, and I have to say, it does have its qualities but overall it’s just boring as hell. Half way through I have to force myself not to do chores or take a nap… and when I hope it’s over, its still 30min to go… can’t help but find the movie extremely tedious

3 Likes