Recommendations of SW Books?

The part where Cuchillo is hiding in the cane field and watches the men pass him. There’s no dialogue but it cuts out a big chunk of the music and some nice cinematography.

1 Like

I’ve got Once upon a time in the Italian West. Great book.

Probably my favourite on the genre so far. Looking forward to Death in the Desert.

I just finished Frankel’s “The Searchers”. I think I actually preferred his book “High Noon” (I also prefer the film itself too), but this one still comes very heartily recommended. His ability to combine real historical events/periods with film criticism is great.

Not sure if this has been mentioned. Yet another Leone book due out next year…

2 Likes

thanks! added it to the Db All About Sergio Leone: The Definitive Anthology - The Spaghetti Western Database

1 Like

That was quick, nice job :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

my shadow was done before I was :wink:

I have an older version from that book, from the mid 80s. It is ok, but far from great.

I can’t imagine it being more definitive than Something to do with Death.

Hughes & Frayling’s new books are the 2 I can’t wait to read.

1 Like

so this is a revised edition of an older book? is it the same title?

My version is a German translation from 1984. The original title correspondents with the new English one: Tutti i film di Sergio Leone.

I think it will be a slightly revised edition. A chapter called “Six Ways Not to Resemble John Ford” is in my copy also. Let’s see if he learned to count meanwhile, as there are actually 7 ways in my book.

And look who wrote the preface… Only the greatest living director…

A translation of this one…?

1 Like

Yes, most likely.

My first book about the Sergiot

What was the stand out book release this year? Still looking for someone who can contribute a recommendation to the list:

Not sure if this has already been posted but the Spaghetti Western book ‘Any Gun Can Play’ by Kevin Grant is getting a larger reprint in hardback in December:

Here’s a video of the original pressing:

3 Likes