Rattler Kid / Un hombre vino a matar / L’uomo venuto per uccidere (León Klimovsky, 1967)

Well, I didn’t like it:
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Rattler_Kid_mini_review

But maybe you will.

Routine stuff with Wyler looking as he is going to cry at times. Bad Lieutenant’s review is spot on.

didn’t care for this one at all… prettty boring. there is a pretty good German print of this, but not really worth the effort to make a new English version IMO

yea, Bad Lieutenant has said all that needs to be said about Rattler Kid…

Watched a fandub of the German disc.

ah, didn’t know one already existed out there… good, now i have an excuse not to do one :wink:

Thought I had better let you know just in case :wink: .

Rattler Kid is rather Rattler shit. Completely dull with dull minister Wyler in the lead and a completely uninspired story. On top of that we have a boring US western look.

No Sir, I don’t like it.

disappointing since it played a big role in that documentary…

Really? Which one?

L’America a Roma … begins with William Bogart watching a tape of Rattler Kid with his family and friends… i guess the film didn’t necessarily have a big role, but it imprinted me with the idea it was going to be a good spaghetti

I don’t know this documentary. Too bad it caused such a disappointment!

its still a pretty good doc about spaghettis, you should check it out

He he, good one. I will use it for the database. Perfect short comment.

Wondered which western this was.

Well, I’m a poet in disguise…

As said above, not a great one this.
However, I didn’t hate it as much as some seem to. It was poorly executed for the most part but it kept me awake which is an achievement in itself these days.
Watched the fandub from the German DVD with the deleted cactus fighting scene added on. This scene is probably the best in the film so why it was ever cut out is beyond me. It’s not even particularly brutal. Especially for a Spaghetti circa 1967.

Looking forward to watching that fandub. All I’ve ever seen is the Unicorn tape, does anyone know if that was uncut?

Oh my God. What a boring SW.
The film has nothing that makes it interesting. Klimovsky what you have done to us with this?
The film has no SW elements. It all seems very American.
And then the figure of the Rattler Kid. The man wants to rob a bank and happened to meet … Who … his elementary school teacher. :o What a stupid idea.

I am not asleep … but my feet. ;D
For the film Klimovsky deserves a medal. >:(

A word to the German DVD. It has good image quality.
But this cactus fighting scene is missing. And Phil has described it as the best part of the film. Too bad. But this scene probably would not have saved the film.

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2022 thread:

The movie that someone called “Rattler shit” has now been updated to the new layout. Please contribute to it.

1 Like