Question about shelving box sets and digipaks

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #1

I was wondering, when you guys shelve your dvds, box sets and digipaks in particular, do you put them in with the back of the sleeve facing outwards (front of the box facing right) or in (front of the box facing left)? I can’t seem to decide. Right now I have them with the back of the sleeve facing outwards. What do you guys think?

(tomas) #2

i just have them stored on the shelf like books - no big deal
it looks nice :slight_smile:

(Andy) #3

[quote=“tomas, post:2, topic:2814”]i just have them stored on the shelf like books - no big deal
it looks nice :)[/quote]

Me too…I have them arranged according to director too!

(tomas) #4

happy man - i don´t have so many to arrange them like that, but …some day

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #5

With regular Amaray DVDs, I store it like a book, but in box sets and digipaks, the words are printed on both side, also if you store it the opposite way, you can slide out the dvd directly without having to take out the box in some cases.

(Yodlaf Peterson) #6

Depends what release it is and what looks nicer on the shelf ;D

(tomas) #7

…everyday troubles of enthusiastic movie fan :wink:

(p.pereira) #8

This is how it looks here at home:

(tomas) #9

…and those are all spaghettis?
respect

(p.pereira) #10

[quote=“tomas, post:9, topic:2814”]…and those are all spaghettis?
respect[/quote]

Yes. Got a few more in my parents’ house.

(p.pereira) #11

Let’s see some shelves, folks!!!

(ENNIOO) #12

[quote=“p.pereira, post:8, topic:2814”]This is how it looks here at home:

[/quote]

Very tidy !

(El Topo) #13

very Ikea ;D

(p.pereira) #14

Jackpot sócio.
Ikea’s Billy shelves. Cheap stuff cause there’s a crisis out there…

(El Topo) #15

Yeah I have it also from all types, most of my DVD collection is in an attic (no space in the office, and in the living room) so decoration worries don’t exist

(Andy) #16

Here is a pic of part of my DVD collection:

(tomas) #17

[quote=“Ghost of Sartana, post:16, topic:2814”]Here is a pic of part of my DVD collection:

[/quote]

nice collection,
but not only those spaghies, but also Star Trek, that reminds me my, although not so numerous, collection, spaghettis surrounded by Trek,
who is that action figure? Kirk :wink:
i have one of Locutus nearby, just for nice panorama and some phaser :slight_smile:

(Andy) #18

[quote=“tomas, post:17, topic:2814”]nice collection,
but not only those spaghies, but also Star Trek, that reminds me my, although not so numerous, collection, spaghettis surrounded by Trek,
who is that action figure? Kirk :wink:
i have one of Locutus nearby, just for nice panorama and some phaser :)[/quote]

Thanks tomas! Yep that’s “battle damaged” captain kirk sitting on top of the star trek films. I have a huge collection of star trek figures but they’re all packed away now because I stopped collecting figures in 2009 (I also have Lord of the Rings, Simpsons, and Star Wars collections).

(tomas) #19

So far i´ve only collected Special Edition ST movies, and i´m hoping Paramount will release Bluray editions of the ST TV shows.
Well, only TOS is remastered even with new CGI (are those three TOS packs of yours CGI remastered? Or have you seen them?)
I had in plan also collecting of ship models, but so far i have only Maquis fighter from Voyager. ???
What´s your fav ST show, btw?

(Andy) #20

[quote=“tomas, post:19, topic:2814”]So far i´ve only collected Special Edition ST movies, and i´m hoping Paramount will release Bluray editions of the ST TV shows.
Well, only TOS is remastered even with new CGI (are those three TOS packs of yours CGI remastered? Or have you seen them?)
I had in plan also collecting of ship models, but so far i have only Maquis fighter from Voyager. ???
What´s your fav ST show, btw?[/quote]

The 3 original series boxes (gold, blue, red) are the 2004 DVD releases so no, they are not CGI remastered. You will see to the left of the gold box there is a blu ray box: That one is season 1 of the original series with both original and CGI remastered versions (I won it on the star trek collecting forum I used to go to). As you can see I own all of the TNG and DS9 seasons too (and 4 Voyager seasons) but I still like the original series with Kirk and Spock the most. But anyways, back to Spaghetti Westerns, I would love to see your collection, tomas, if you are willing to show :D.