Psychedelic/ hippie SWs?

We all think so.

I like these pyscodelic spaghettis. Very modern yet old.

Yankee is sort of psychedelic/hippieish in that it’s got some artsy shots and some color filters…

Shango is no hippie western but it’s psychedelic. Also What Am I Doing in the Middle of the Revolution is a psychedelic/hippieish (zapata) western.

Does EL TOPO count?

Guess so. If ever there was one …

I wonder if EL TOPO’s opening sequence was inspired by the “legend” of DJANGO KILL (the exagerated reports of censored content). It seemed to me that much of the explicit content in the first half hour or so resembles DK’s controversial bits as they would have been described (dead animals in the street, homosexual rape, etc)

Welcome to the forum Zorro.

We had a discussion once on these ‘rumours’ about disembowled animals and other excessive violence (I guess on the Django Kill! thread), mentioned by no other than Chris Frayling. We concluded it was only rumour and hearsay, and that these stories were simply fabricated. But there’s this possibility that Frayling, or the people he had been talkng to, had mixed up the two movies

Especially if Frayling, or his sources, had been indulging in psychedelic substances themselves (not that I want to any more rumours…).